With their fierce — and fiercely tender — third album, Interstate Gospel (out now), the force of nature known as country supergroup Pistol Annies has come roaring back to life. Separately, Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, and Angaleena Presley are formidable characters. But when they band together as Pistol Annies, they become a dream country-music Transformer of scorched-earth pathos, wicked wit, and heavenly harmony. Although the women share similarities as songwriters, there is an alchemy at work when Monroe’s soulfulness, Lambert’s feistiness, and Presley’s plainspoken poetics coalesce. That much was clear when the women played the Ryman Auditorium recently to celebrate the album’s release. Their image as mischievous firebrands was on full display in the spirited performances of songs like the giddy, Andrews Sisters-evoking divorce track “Got My Name Changed Back.” But that is only half the group’s story, as they also plumbed emotional depths with the examination of thorny familial relationships in “Milkman.” As each woman took a lead vocal, the other two would often hold hands and sing along off to the side before contributing harmony vocals. Image zoom Miller Mobley In conversation they toggle between praising and ribbing one another, while finishing each other’s thoughts. The sisterhood is… Read full this story
- Ratt’s Stephen Pearcy talks drag racing, new album “View To A Thrill” & the future of Ratt
- Sports World Reacts to Drake's New Album 'Scorpion'
- The best sports references from Drake’s new album ‘Scorpion’
- The reviews are in on Kanye West’s new album, here’s what fans had to say
- Kurt Vile announces new album with nine-minute epic 'Bassackwards'
- Exclusive: Doyle WolfGang Von Frankenstein on the "As We Die" album, being vegan & WCW
- Is Khalid releasing an album or just excited for Pumpkin Spice Lattes?
- Eminem teases Venom soundtrack song, then drops entire album
- Petra Haden On Being A Lakers Fan, Jack Black & Her New Musical Projects
- Miami Heat finally gets an easy win with blowout of New York Knicks
Pistol Annies on their new album have 326 words, post on ew.com at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.