NEW DELHI: Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan may face protests when he joins the inauguration of the 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup in Bhubaneswar in India’s Odisha state on Wednesday. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has invited the actor to attend the opening ceremony but a local group opposes Khan’s presence because of his role in a 2001 movie about the emperor, Ashoka. The group calling itself ‘Kalinga Sena’ (Kalinga army), deriving its name from Odisha’s ancient name, alleges the Bollywood superstar had hurt people’s sentiments in the movie ‘Ashoka’ which depicted Ashoka’s career and his bloody conquest of Kalinga. “We have made preparations to splash ink on the actor’s face and show him black flags at any place from the airport to the stadium. Our activists will remain present all along the road where Khan is likely to visit,“ said Kalinga Sena. The Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup Bhubaneswar 2018 will be held from Nov 28 to Dec 16. Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa and Spain are competing in the event. Malaysia’s opening match will be against the Netherlands team on Dec 1. — Bernama
- This photo of Rajkummar Rao and Patralekhaa, taken at Shah Rukh Khan’s birthday party, will light up your mood
- Shah Rukh Khan’s next with Atlee titled Sanki?
- Photos: Sonu Sood organises a screening of India-Pakistan world cup match for war veterans
- Anushka Sharma rebuts Farokh Engineer's claim that India selectors served her tea during World Cup
- World Cup 2019: Sourav Ganguly, Sanjay Manjrekar Among Panel Of Commentators
- Meghan Markle, World Cup or Royal Wedding? Google reveals Brits’ TOP searches for 2018
- Defence will be Springboks’ strength against England in World Cup final
- Watch: Martin Guptill Loses Balance, Hits Wicket During World Cup Match Against South Africa
- FIFA 18 Set to Receive FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia as a Free Update
- South Korea Pulls a Three-Peat for The Overwatch World Cup
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces threat at Hockey World Cup have 333 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at November 23, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.