Online retail giant Amazon has announced it will offer shoppers 10 days of deals in the run up to Black Friday.
Eager customers wanting to finish their Christmas shopping will be able to pick up discounts across thousands of items, ranging form tech and electrical appliances to fashion and toys during the highly anticipated shopping event.
The online retail giant will also be bringing back its ‘Home of Black Friday’ pop up store in east London from 22 to 25 November, where visitors will be treated to a host of exclusive deals, prize giveaways, workshops and VIP experiences.
Speaking about this year’s Black Friday event, Doug Gurr, Amazon Country Manager said: “We know many of our customers are starting to think about Christmas presents, parties and decorations at this time of year and we’re excited to offer great deals when shoppers need them most.”
Amazon Black Friday 2018 – what you need to know
Bargain-hunters will be able to start shopping Black Friday deals from 16 November by visiting the official Amazon’s Black Friday page.
There will be ‘Deals of the Day‘ on offer every day throughout Black Friday period, with reductions on an array of items, ranging from Amazon devices and electronics to pet supplies and garden items.
Customers will also be able to browse thousands of ‘Lightning Deals’ -these are products available at a discount, in limited quantities, for a short period of time. If you’re Prime member you’ll get exclusive early access to these deals too.
The retail giant has added a special feature for shoppers this year too, with a new augmented reality feature in the Amazon app called AR View. It allows customers to view products before they purchase.
Speaking about the new feature, Doug Gurr commented: “We focus on making shopping as easy and enjoyable for the customer as possible so we hope customers will enjoy the new AR View feature in the app, which uses augmented reality technology to allow shoppers to see selected products in their own home before they decide to buy, just in time for this year’s biggest ever Black Friday sale and perfect for kitting out the home before Christmas guests start arriving.”
What Amazon deals to expect for 2018?
Amazon was one of the first major retailers to take part in Black Friday in the UK, offering incredible deals on practically everything and it still remains a key player in Black Friday today.
In 2017 the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and Echo Dot we’re reduced to their lowest prices and sold at lightning speed, so shoppers should expect some of the newer own-brand devices to feature in this year’s sale – (our money is on the Echo Spot and Echo Show offering the best reductions for 2018).
Jury’s out on whether the Prime subscription will be reduced again for Black Friday.
Amazon recently reduced the cost of a yearly subscription during it’s summer Prime Day promotion, and last year for Black Friday the retailer’s Amazon Music Unlimited plan was cut to 99p for for three months, so we wouldn’t bank on this being repeated again so soon.
Black Friday 2018
Last year Amazon sold over 4.3million toys, 2.1million items of clothing, 1.8million of beauty goods and 210k sets of headphones.
Last year in the first six hours of the discounting, Amazon had already sold more than 63,000 toys and 32,000 beauty products, while tech goods like the reduced Nintendo Switch console bundle completely sold-out.
Best-selling items on Amazon.co.uk for 2017 included the Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, the All-New Amazon Echo, Gran Turismo for PlayStation, Call of Duty WWII, and LEGO Snow Resort Chalet Construction toys.
But with every year that goes by, Amazon promises to offer its biggest deals yet, often drip-feeding early bargains ahead of the official Black Friday launch. Last year saw 10 days of deals released, but will this year be the same?
Black Friday 2017 bestsellers
- Health: Oral B Cross Action Toothbrush
- Food: Ferrero Collection
- Beauty: GHD original IV Professional Styler
- Book: Bad Dad – David Walliams
- DVD: Trolls: Holiday
- Home: Yankee Candle Advent Calendar
As usual, Amazon Prime members can get all their Black Friday bargains delivered free of charge and in record time.
In previous years Prime customers have enjoyed exclusive 30-minute early access period to all Lightning Deals, so if you’re wanting to snap up some bargains before anyone else, getting a Prime account is a good idea.
Amazon Deals & Tips
Shoppers can sign up to a 30-day free trial during Black Friday to take advantage of one-hour delivery, unlimited streaming of 15,000 movies and TV episodes, access to 800,000 Kindle books and tons of other perks.
If you’re signing up for the free 30-day trial, don’t forget to set a reminder to cancel before the subscription ends – or you’ll be charged the £79 annual fee.
- Fitbit Black Friday deals 2021: Top deals available now and what to expect this year
- Black Friday 2020: Latest update on luxury cruise deals - how to save money
- Black Friday 2020: Skyscanner says '2pm' is the best time to 'unlock cheapest' deals
- Wayfair reveals Black Friday 2021 plans with huge discounts across furniture and homeware
- PlayStation Black Friday 2020 sale has deals on "Last of Us," "Tsushima" and more
- Black Friday Battle: Xbox vs. PlayStation Sales
- Black Friday 2018 Deals: Date & Essential Shopping Tips
- Black Friday 2018's Video Game Deals: Here's What To Expect
- Best Memorial Day 3D Printer Deals 2022
- Apple iPad Mini is $90 off at Amazon for Memorial Day 2022 | Digital Trends
- Best Buy Memorial Day sale: 12 deals you need to know about | Digital Trends
- KCR to leave on a 10-day tour of country
- Black Friday: Security officials warn shoppers to stay safe while hunting for deals online
- Adani to become India's No. 2 cement maker with $10.5 billion Holcim deal - Times of India
- Golfer drank his own urine for 10 days in bid to beat incurable disease before professional return
- Deborah James leaves house for first time in 10 days to celebrate book topping bestseller list
- Michigan school shooting suspect's gun was purchased by his father on Black Friday
- Yanks' Donaldson (shoulder) goes on 10-day injured list
- Orioles’ Ryan Mountcastle lands on 10-day injured list with forearm strain; Austin Hays out with cut hand
- Next Weather: Dry, Mild Thursday Before Top 10 Weather Day On Friday
Amazon to roll out 10 days of Black Friday deals for 2018 have 1116 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 5, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.