As the horror genre becomes ever more mainstream, we here at The A.V. Club imagine that there are more of you than ever looking for something creepy to watch this Halloween season. And with streaming services on a similar upward cultural trajectory, we’re guessing that many, if not most, of you won’t be watching that something creepy on cable. So with a little more than two weeks left until the big night itself, we’ve compiled a list of 31 recommended horror movies that, we hope, includes something for everyone, from the easily scared to the most jaded horror lover. This year, we’ve bypassed add-ons like Showtime and HBO Go/Now and concentrated on films that can be streamed on the big three services—Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime—with no additional fees. That being said, we’ve also included two specialty services, FilmStruck and Shudder, that each have something special to offer. Each service has its benefits: Netflix has the most recent horror movies, many of them Netflix originals, while Hulu has an eclectic, more curated selection. Amazon Prime’s back catalog of obscure horror films from the 1970s and ’80s, meanwhile, is literally hundreds of pages deep. As for the specialty services, Shudder is… Read full this story
- What our love of horror movies says about the terror of modern times
- Cinema-goers brawl in the aisles after one accused another of talking too loudly during a screening of horror movie It
- Horse collapses in the middle of street during London's New Year's Day parade as onlookers watch in horror
- Best movie releases in 2018 - what to look out for from Avengers to Disney's Mulan to Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Netflix reveals one film lover has watched the same movie 352 TIMES this year… so can you guess what it is?
- Antrim mum claims to have seen face of cult horror flick Halloween’s Michael Myers in the clouds during Storm Ophelia
- Oscars 2018: how UK film fans can watch every nominated movie
- Plane passengers will soon watch in-flight movies on VR headsets
- Universal Orlando reveals new scare zones coming for Halloween
- What's new on Netflix UK in February 2018? All the new films and boxsets ready to stream this month revealed
Where to watch streaming horror movies for Halloween October 2018 have 366 words, post on film.avclub.com at October 16, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.