WHEN Princess Diana appeared on the royal scene after marrying Prince Charles in July 1981, she was often spotted with her head down. Many assumed she was sulking, but years on, Diana revealed exactly why – explaining it had taken her six years to be “comfortable in [her] skin”. Diana spoke about her struggles in recorded interviews with royal author, Andrew Morton. In his book, Diana: Her True Story – In Her Own Words, Morton recalled Diana speaking about the early years of her life as a royal. “When I first arrived on the scene I’d always put my head down,” revealed Diana. “Now that I interpret it, that did look sulky. I’ve never sulked. I’ve been terrified out of my tiny little mind.” “I never sulked as a child, it’s just not in me,” Diana continued. “I was just so frightened of the attention I was getting; it took me six years to get comfortable in this skin and now I’m ready to go forward.” Diana recalled finding it difficult to adjust to the sudden transition into royal life, explaining it was “too much”. “One minute I was nobody, the next minute I was Princess of Wales, mother, media… Read full this story
- From a naked Princess Diana finding herself face to face with two builders to Meghan Markle shouting at a member of Kate Middleton's staff: New book reveals the dramas inside the walls of Kensington Palace
- Please stop riding on the coat-tails of the dutiful family you abandoned, says Princess Diana's former private secretary PATRICK JEPHSON as he urges Harry and Meghan to give up their 'celebrity lives'
- 15 Unforgettable Met Gala Moments: From Princess Diana's Debut to Solange and Jay-Z's Elevator Showdown
- From Diana caught naked by builders to Meghan Markle shouting at Kate Middleton’s staff, new book reveals palace secrets
- The heartbreaking choice that killed Diana
- 21 of the most iconic royal wedding dresses: Princess Eugenie, Meghan Markle & more
- The outrageous reason why Australian businesses and coronavirus victims WON'T be able to sue China for 'covering up' severity of deadly virus
- Hear Lydia Loveless, Chris Shiflett Talk ‘Real’ Album, Drive-By Truckers
- A Real-Life Wonder Woman: 35 Fascinating Facts About Gal Gadot
- Meghan and Harry biography bombshell for Royals: Couple help two 'friendly' journalists write their Megxit story amid fears they're out to settle scores
The real reason Princess Diana kept her head down in public – and it wasn’t because she was ‘sulking’ have 382 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.