We can’t believe we’re actually typing this, but James Cameron’s long, long, long-delayed Avatar sequels aren’t just still happening, they’ve apparently finished filming. Well, two of them at least. As we previously reported, the Titanic director is making four sequels to his tepid 2009 blockbuster, which, lest we forget, is literally the highest-grossing movie of all time. “We just finished shooting two and three,” Sigourney Weaver confirmed in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, with whom she also shared some other interesting tidbits. For one, she’ll be playing an entirely new character in the sequels, one with no connection to her previous role of Dr. Grace Augustine. The sequels will also dive into the crystalline depths of Na’vi seas, as she says the cast and crew learned to “free dive” and that “we did many scenes underwater.” Weaver also dropped the bombshell that Avatar’s fourth and fifth sequels are already filming, despite the second in the franchise not slated to drop until 2020. In responding to a question as to whether Neill Blomkamp’s long-gestating Alien 5 will happen, she said, “We almost started to do it when I was working with James Cameron. But by the time we were… Read full this story
- 10 essential film scores by Ennio Morricone
- Director Chris Buck on the real-life heartache behind Disney’s Frozen movies and a possible sequel
- Scrapped Gremlins 3 Plans Revealed, Was a Direct Sequel to Original Classic
- Susanna Reid ditches Piers Morgan to pair up with pal Judge Rinder on Celebrity Gogglebox
- Tens of thousands gather for Black Lives Matter rallies around Australia despite warnings they could spark a COVID-19 'second wave' - as Sydney activists win appeal against demonstration ban
- Can it still be just a black thing?
- Dot and the Kangaroo rewatched – tear-jerking Australian animation trailblazer
- Frozen 2 to stream three months early 'to bring joy' during coronavirus pandemic
- Washington's NFL nickname under new scrutiny in wake of anti-racism protests
- Wonder Woman 1984: release date delay, trailer, cast, Diana's golden suit, and more
's second and third sequels are done filming but, more importantly, they ditched the shitty Papyrus logo have 331 words, post on news.avclub.com at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.