When he was just 15 years old, Quincy Jones was hooked on heroin. Jones – who would one day become one of 21 people in the world to nab an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony – was barely a teen when he was introduced to the drug. The legendary musician and arranger was running around Seattle with a 17-year-old Ray Charles, playing trumpet at clubs for the likes of Billie Holiday. ‘[It] had me hooked for five months at 15,’ Jones told The Hollywood Reporter. After playing at the clubs, he and Charles would go play for free at ‘bebop jam sessions’. ‘The guys, when they finished playing, they’d go in the corner and they had it on their thumb,’ he recalled. Quincy Jones (pictured in September) has revealed that he got hooked on heroin when he was just 15 years old The legendary musician was running around Seattle with a 17-year-old Ray Charles (pictured together in 1986), playing trumpet at clubs along the likes of Billie Holiday when he was introduced to the drug ‘Ray wouldn’t let me get in the corner…[but I] would sneak into the line and get a little hit.’ It went on like that for… Read full this story
- 'I was 14st and supporting this girl who was younger and more attractive than me': Lily Allen reveals she was hooked on speed to lose weight and debated HEROIN on Miley Cyrus' tour
- UW transfer Ty Jones commits to Fresno State
- Alex Jones transforms home for son Teddy's epic birthday party
- French customs officials' post-Brexit dirty tricks on British fish are revealed: Lorries are being impounded because a full-stop is misplaced or a box's declared weight is a kilo out, writes DAVID JONES
- 'Every time I see a baby my ovaries skip!': Emma Bunton, 44, says her fiancé Jade Jones is 'DESPERATE' for her to have another child
- AMANDA PLATELL: Donald Trump's graceless departure revealed his true colours
- Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans reveals she has regained custody of her eldest son Jace, 11, from mom Barbara Evans: 'My kids are happy, they’re healthy'
- Piers Morgan calls Dr Hilary ‘Scrooge’ after he reveals glaring issues with coronavirus vaccine on Good Morning Britain
- My hunt for Hitler's horses: How the 'Indiana Jones of the art world' ARTHUR BRAND was plunged into a terrifying neo-Nazi subculture and a confrontation with Himmler's daughter
- 'I feel absolutely fine!' This Morning's Dr Ranj Singh reveals he's had his first COVID-19 vaccine as he urges viewers to 'listen to the experts' and get the jab
Quincy Jones reveals he was hooked on heroin when he was 15 have 411 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.