To keep his family of four entertained, Ben Emery pays about $180 a month for Spectrum TV and internet service, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu. He gets Amazon mostly for free shipping and Hulu in part because his 5-year-old daughter likes “Teen Titans Go.” “Netflix and Hulu got in early, so that’s where I’m willing to invest my money,” said Emery, 41, a bank risk officer who lives in Kernersville, North Carolina. “I don’t have unlimited funds.” Consumers like Emery represent an inconvenient truth for the burgeoning online video industry. Just 16 percent of U.S. broadband homes subscribe to three or more video services, according to researcher Parks Associates. And nearly two-thirds of TV homes already get at least one of the big three: Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu, according to Nielsen. That’s the dilemma for the growing ranks of providers, now pegged by Parks Associates at around 200 in the U.S. alone. Just last week, AT&T Inc. said it will introduce a service with HBO and other fare from its recent Time Warner Inc. purchase, while Hollywood mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg revealed details of his upcoming offer for high-end, short-form video. They’ll debut late next year — about when Walt… Read full this story
- Amazon streaming video app now available for LG Google TV sets
- YouTube could compete with Apple and Amazon by offering third-party video subscription services
- 15 Valentine's Day Movies and TV Shows to Stream on Netflix, Prime and Hulu
- What’s new on Netflix and what’s leaving in February 2020
- Lenovo Smart Display vs. Amazon Echo Show: Which should you buy?
- Facebook joining the streaming race? Tech giant likely to unveil Fire Stick competitor soon
- What’s new on Hulu in February and what’s leaving soon
- Disney Plus: Everything you need to know about Disney's Netflix rival
- 'Uncut Gems' Netflix Release Date: When Will the Adam Sandler Movie Be Streaming in the U.S.?
- Make sense of streaming
Netflix, Amazon leave little room for streaming video latecomers have 320 words, post on www.syracuse.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.