Hillary Clinton gave mixed signals on whether she’s considering another presidential run, telling a New York City audience Friday that she would be well suited to the office.During a far-ranging interview with Kara Swisher of the technology website Recode (Swisher is also a contributor to The New York Times’ Opinion section), Clinton initially said “no” when asked whether she wanted to run for again. She then paused and repeated “no.”But after Swisher noted the slight hesitation, Clinton seemed to reconsider her response, saying that a major task of the next Democratic president will be improving the international standing of the United States.“Well, I’d like to be president,” she said, at the public taping of Swisher’s podcast. “The work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been at the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State Department, and it’s just going to be a lot of heavy lifting.”But after the remarks were widely reported — and dissected on social media — Swisher tweeted Monday that the reaction seemed to be out of proportion to what Clinton had said.“Tweeps, simmer down!” Swisher wrote on Twitter. “While it perhaps sounded like @HillaryClinton refused to rule… Read full this story
- Hillary Clinton delusional about Donald Trump's election
- Political Memorabilia - Collecting Hillary Clinton Memorabilia
- Would Hillary Clinton Be at Her Best As Secretary of State?
- The Damage Hillary Clinton Has Done - To Her Speaking Voice
- Barack Vs Hillary
- Does it Take an Orange Pantsuit Like Hilary's Or Sarah Palin's Shoes to Succeed in Politics?
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: What the Dem frontrunners must do Tuesday
- What It Means That a Black Woman Is Leading Julián Castro’s Campaign for President
- What 2020 Candidates Said About Impeachment at the Democratic Debate
- Video of President Executing Media in Mock Church Shooting Shown at Trump Resort
Hillary Clinton on possible run in 2020: 'I'd like to be president' have 307 words, post on www.tampabay.com at October 29, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.