SPORTS 10/22/2018 04:25 am ET Local legend’s powerful new take on “The Star-Spangled Banner” goes viral. By Ed Mazza I can assure you you have never seen the Star-Spangled Banner performed like this before. pic.twitter.com/Rc8eO9uPid— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) October 21, 2018 670 Hawaiian singer and musician Willie K. stunned the crowd at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu on Saturday with a stirring new take on the national anthem. Accompanied by his ukulele, he dispensed with the traditional melody and went with his own for “The Star-Spangled Banner” prior to the game between the University of Hawaii and University of Nevada, Reno. The result turned Willie K. ― a local legend known for his virtuoso skills on both the ukulele and guitar ― into a viral superstar overnight. What makes the unforgettable performance even more impressive is that Willie K. managed to pull it off despite a battle with lung cancer. Hawaii News Now said the performer’s final chemotherapy session was in April, but he is currently in treatment to boost his immune system. Fans have been contributing to a GoFundMe campaign to help with his medical bills. Here’s some of the reaction to his take on the national anthem: This brought… Read full this story
- Willie Nelson at 85: A Visit With the King of Night Life
- Latrell Mitchell slams dual Australian anthem but former Wallabies get 'goosebumps'
- Hundreds of young people try to enter Harrods in chaotic scenes as police make four arrests for affray and Covid rule breaches as huge crowds gather in Covent Garden
- Bah humbug! Seek-and-find puzzle challenges YOU to find the grumpy carol singer in the middle of a bustling Christmas market
- Two university halls go into quarantine after 127 students test positive – as hundreds throw illegal party at second site and SAGE expert warns they could be stuck in rooms for Christmas
- Super Bowl 2021 live stream: Date, start time, channel & how to watch
- Racy at the races! Ali Oetjen, Georgia Fowler and Nadia Bartel go braless in revealing ensembles as they lead the fashion stakes as Australia celebrates a VERY different Melbourne Cup
- Are London's Covid-19 hotspots linked by the UNDERGROUND? Map shows striking resemblance between the tube network and infection rates across the capital
- Defined By 1968 Olympics Silent Podium Protest Whose Message Is Now Crystal Clear, Tommie Smith Is Poised To Stand Atop New Platform As ‘With Drawn Arms’ Docu Is Shopped To Distributors
- Lenny Kravitz Discovers Weed and Led Zeppelin on the Same Day in New Memoir Excerpt
Hawaiian Singer Willie K. Stuns Crowd With Stirring National Anthem Makeover have 405 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at October 22, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.