Oscar-winner Miller has penned the script and will direct the original film, whose log-line is being kept under wraps. The movie is said to be unlike anything the filmmaker has done before but I hear it is epic in scope (as implied by its title). Shoot is due to get under way next year though cast has yet to be set.
The feted franchise creator will produce alongside his regular collaborator Doug Mitchell. FilmNation is handling international sales and will launch the big-canvas project for the AFM (unless it is snapped up before then). CAA will rep North America and China. I gather interest in the hot package is already sky-high from those in the know.
Miller’s latest installment in the iconic Mad Max universe, Fury Road, was a critical and awards hit for Warner Bros in 2015. The dystopian romp debuted at Cannes to strong notices and went on to score six Oscar wins and $380M in worldwide theatrical (followed by strong ancillary).
The Australian filmmaker has been working on sequels to Fury Road but those plans went a little quiet following a legal spat with Warner Bros over unpaid earnings. However, the dispute has not closed the door on those movies, I understand.
Miller’s storied career includes the Mad Max series, The Witches Of Eastwick, Babe and Happy Feet. He is repped by CAA and Gang, Tyre.
- More than 2,400 Ironman Wales participants take on epic challenge
- From explicit pics to CCTV footage, four Brits admit to romping in the workplace and talk risque office desk encounters
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Long Live The Local: Cabinet on the brink — DUP on the brink — Basically everyone on the brink
- iPhone XS launch – Apple superfans get a hold of the £1,449 iPhone XS as thousands queue around the world
- Neil Simon, Barefoot in the Park and The Odd Couple playwright, dies aged 91
- Call for free parking to save Plymouth city centre
- What's happening at Houghton Feast: A day-by-day guide to all the events taking place
- The ultimate guide to Hull's Bonus Arena
- Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov, UFC 229: live round-by-round fight updates
- Liam Payne in advanced talks to star in Steven Spielberg remake of musical West Side Story
- Inside this season’s hottest books
- 35 under 35: Plymouth's super-smart rising stars
- Riyad Mahrez snatches ball off Jesus, misses penalty as Manchester City waste chance to beat Liverpool
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by ExxonMobil: Salzburg Day 2 — Last night over schnitzel — Grayl rail fail
- The inspiring stories of the 33 nominees in our Who Cares Wins health awards
- Look back at one of most successful periods of the Rams' history
- I'll stand for leader if asked
- New bar & cafe Society opens in this week
- The Dublin Bucket List: 30 things to do in the city before you die
- Neil Simon dead at 91 – The Odd Couple playwright passes away surrounded by family
AFM Hot Pic: George Miller To Direct Movie Epic ‘Three Thousand Years Of Longing’, FilmNation To Launch Sales have 494 words, post on deadline.com at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.