GREAT British Menu is back – and hopefuls are working hard to win the ultimate cooking battle. Angela Hartnett is one of the guest judges putting the contestants through their paces - here is the lowdown on her glittering career… Who is Angela Hartnett? Kent-born Angela worked as an au pair before finding her passion for cooking. In 1994, she undertook a one-day trial at Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant Aubergine, where she trained alongside Marcus Wareing. It did not take long for Angela’s career to take off, as she also worked alongside the notoriously sweary chef at L’Oranger, Zafferano and Verre. The 48-year-old has also worked as Wareing’s sous chef at Petrus. What restaurants does Angela Hartnett own? In 2003, Angela scooped a Best Newcomer Awards and Square Meal Guides’ BMW Best New Restaurant award for her two outlets at The Connaught. Remarkably, just one year later, she achieved prestigious Michelin star status. In 2007, the year she opened her Ramsay Group restaurant Cielo, she was awarded an MBE for her Services to the Hospitality Industry. The following year, Hartnett launched Murano, posh Mayfair restaurant that offers up fine-dining Italian delights. After the success of the classy hotspot, Angela opened up a more… Read full this story
- Meet the finalists of the Great British Entrepreneur Challenge 2019
- Brown's beer: The Great British Beer Festival - and the winner is...
- How The Great British Baking Show helps me cope with Trump depression
- Great British 10p hunt! Royal Mint reveals 26 new coins will be made
- Businesses encouraged to enter the Great British High Street Awards
- Six great British firms to buy now
- Great British entrepreneur awards secures partnership with NatWest
- 3 great TV shows to watch on Netflix this week, including a new season of 'The Great British Baking Show'
- Great British Bake Off: Meet baking biker Phil from Barking
- The great British bacon butty is rise by up to 90 per cent
Who is Angela Hartnett? Great British Menu 2018 judge and owner of Murano and Merchant’s Tavern have 323 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.