By Jerry McDonald | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group September 27, 2018 at 4:30 pm ALAMEDA — Five things we learned Thursday as the Raiders prepared to host the Cleveland Browns: 1) Don’t get too comfortable if Baker Mayfield has a slow first half In part because they’re fresh and in part because the offense has maintained possession of the ball for large chunks of time, the Raiders’ defense has been stingy in the first half. “I’ve never been through anything like this, really,” Raiders defensive coordinator Paul Guenther said Thursday. The Raiders are giving up an average of 112 yards in the first halves of three games and 262.3 yards in the second halves. They’ve outscored the Rams, Broncos and Dolphins 35-17 in the first halves and have been outscored 64-17 in the second, including a whopping 37-3 in the fourth quarter this season. Their league-low total of three sacks have all been in the first half. The Raiders have gone from pretty good over the first 30 minutes to falling off the face of a cliff over the next 30. In the losses to the Rams and Broncos, the Raiders were on the field for 49 and… Read full this story
- Saturday’s Things To Know: Four top ten teams go down
- Let’s do it again. Raiders’ Derek Carr is excited for one more season in Oakland
- NFL draft: Raiders may pull surprise at No. 4, report says
- 2019 NFL Draft order, race for No. 1 pick: Five players the Cardinals could target to turn things around in 2019
- The Browns' Jimmy Haslam era has reportedly been rife with insane back-room controversies
- 5 things about former King Jimmer Fredette’s return with the Phoenix Suns
- Fishing report for week of March 27-April 3: Pine Flat and Millerton bass bites best
- Raiders expected to pass on quarterback in 1st round
- 2019 NFL Draft: Predicting the five biggest surprises, including whether the Raiders will take a QB
- 2019 NFL Draft Rumors: Cardinals not calling on Josh Rosen trades, could Raiders move up to No. 1?
Raiders report: Five things we learned Thursday have 328 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.