Top 5 / Top 10
Cricket is not just the game of rules but emotions too. Cricket in India saw its peak in 1983 when Kapil Dev led team laid hands on glorious World Cup trophy defeating the defending champions West Indies. Since then India has been a formidable side at the international level graced by some very talented cricketers in the last few decades. For fans, Cricket means everything- the victory, defeats, the spirit, and those several memorable moments lived on the field.
Here are the best 5 moments in Indian Cricket history that fans cannot forget.
#1 Sourav Ganguly taking his shirt off on Lord’s Balcony
It was in the year 2002 NatWest series, England versus India and the series decider set up nicely at the iconic Lords ground. England after winning the toss had opted to bat first. Opener Marcus Trescothick and captain Nasser Hussain went berserk with the bat and dispatched Indian bowlers to every part of the park
The duo added 185 runs for the second wicket and helped themselves to individual centuries.
Later, Andrew Flintoff took charge to accelerate the innings and England end up with a mammoth 325/5 on board. In reply, skipper Sourav Ganguly and Virender Sehwag came out all guns blazing at England bowlers & added a 106-run stand for the first wicket. When everything was going easy, a flurry of wickets immediately pushed India on to the backfoot. At one point, India was reeling at 146/5 before Mohammad Kaif and Yuvraj Singh came up with impressive knocks by adding 121 runs for the sixth wicket where latter was caught.
All eyes were on Kaif who remained unbeaten on 87 and took India over the line by 2 wickets at the end and England couldn’t believe what had just happened.
Amidst all the jubilation on the field, Indian fans got to witness the most memorable & aggressive celebrations that cricket has seen with Ganguly removing his shirt on the balcony of Lords and swinging it in ecstasy to give it back to Flintoff who had celebrated in similar fashion after winning an ODI against the home team.
Topics you might be interested in:
I was married to Sachin then fell in Love with Kohli now secretly dating AB
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- New-gen Indian cricketers & their luxurious cars: Hardik Pandya to Shikhar Dhawan
- Wadekar is perhaps peerless among Indian cricket captains
- Rapper-Turned-Novelist Gael Faye's Small Country Stirringly Captures a Dark Moment in Burundi's History
- Cricket: The Great Indian Obsession
- No longer a gentleman’s game: Why Virat Kohli is the epitome of modern cricket
- Moment of reckoning for Virat Kohli and his boys
- So You Want to Teach Some Indian Philosophy?
- Remembering the Battle of Negro Fort, one of the most important and forgotten events in U.S. history, 200 years later
- Gone With the Wind and Its Pernicious Place in History
- Trivandrum Jeeper's Club pledges 70 Jeeps to the Indian army!
- #20YearChallenge: 5 ways cricket has changed since the 90s
- Black History, Caribbean Style
- Gopal Bose was Bengal’s great cricket hope in the early 1970s
- Why Rishabh Pant may not yet be ready for test cricket
- 10 LEGENDARY cars that taught Indians to go fast: City Type Z to Baleno 1.6
- Indian Philosophy in the Global Cosmopolis
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Purple Hibiscus Turns 15: The Best Moments of a Modern Classic
- For Indian Americans, hate finally has a name: Trump
- Thousands of Indian Americans turned out to see Bollywood stars. Then Donald Trump walked in.
- A History Of Nissan Z Commercials As Ranked On A Scale Of John Oates Mustaches
Five most unforgettable moments in Indian cricket history have 577 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.