Turns out going with two hosts instead of one did not double the fun at the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards tonight. Fronted by Saturday Night Live’s Michael Che and Colin Jost and executive produced by Lorne Michaels, this year’s celebration of television’s best and brightest quickly became mired in some of the worst tendencies of the long-running weekly variety show. With Michaels back running the small-screen ceremony for the first time in 30 years, there was nothing as ill-considered as pink-slipped White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s toxic cameo on the 69th Primetime Emmys, yet the best moment of the NBC-broadcasted shindig Monday at the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles was entirely unscripted. When Best Directing for a Variety Special winner Glenn Weiss proposed to his longtime girlfriend Jan Svendsen live onstage, there was not an unmoved heart in the house. Sadly, that genuine expression of emotion was fleeting and not to be repeated in any form or fashion. Related Story Emmys: The Complete List Of Winners Starting off with SNL‘s Kate McKinnon and Kenan Thompson and a dead-letter routine that diversity was thriving and discrimination was “solved” in Hollywood, the back on Monday Emmys was simply too much… Read full this story
- Schitt's Creek wins top SEVEN comedy categories making Emmy Awards history... as the cast hold their own socially-distanced party in Canada
- Jason Sudeikis gets tested for COVID-19 while presenting Emmy Award: 'I think you dented my brain'
- Golden Globe Awards nominations: Sarah Jessica Parker and Taraji P Henson share the list live while on the Today show
- ‘SNL’ Cold Open Tackles Socially Conscious Super Bowl With A Bit Of Covid-19 & QAnon Thrown In
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Taraji P Henson will announce the Golden Globe nominations live on the Today show
- Dua Lipa shows her flat stomach in sexy mirror selfie wearing black sweatshirt and matching undies
- Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry lead the tributes to Cicely Tyson as pioneering Oscar-winning actress dies aged 96 - two days after Gayle King interview
- The 10 Most Significant Super Bowl Lead-Out TV Episodes in History
- Apple TV+ Is Doing Better Than You Think
- The Mandalorian Earns Golden Globes Nomination for Best TV Drama
Emmys TV Review: ‘SNL’-Dominated 70th Annual Ceremony Really Shows Its Age have 361 words, post on deadline.com at September 17, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.