HOLLYWOOD legend Burt Reynolds has died in Florida aged 82, his manager has announced. The Smokey and The Bandit actor passed away this morning with family at his hospital bedside after suffering a suspected heart attack. Reynolds spent nearly five years as the No.1 box office attraction in America in the 1970s. He was nominated for an Oscar in 1997 after playing fictional porn Director Jack Horner in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Boogie Nights. He famously turned down the roles of Han Solo in Star Wars and John McClane in Die Hard. Niece Nancy Lee Hess said in a statement: “My uncle was not just a movie icon; he was a generous, passionate and sensitive man who was dedicated to his family, friends, fans and acting students. “He has had health issues, however, this was totally unexpected. He was tough. “Anyone who breaks their tailbone on a river and finishes the movie is tough. And that’s who he was. “My uncle was looking forward to working with Quentin Tarantino [In Once Upon a Time in Hollywood] and the amazing cast that was assembled.” Burt was born in Michigan on 11 Febuary 1936, but grew up in Florida after his dad got… Read full this story
- Notorious brothel owner Cynthia Payne, who hit the headlines after organising lurid sex parties for high-profile clients, dies aged 82
- Judy Carne dead: Laugh-In actress and ex wife of Burt Reynolds passes away aged 76
- Spitting in a tube could tell if you've had a heart attack in just 10 minutes, scientists say - six times faster than blood test currently used
- Dale Winton: Tributes for Supermarket Sweep host who died aged 62
- Bay City Rollers star Ian Mitchell dies aged 62: 'Deeply saddened' band-mates pay tribute to ex-teen heartthrob who was mentioned in Friends - despite spending just seven months in the group
- Avengers actors lead tributes to Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, who has died aged 43
- Geoffrey Howe, Margaret Thatcher’s nemesis, dies aged 88
- Power Trip's lead singer Riley Gale dies aged 34 as 'devastated' Ice-T leads tributes to the Dallas-born rocker
- Orange Is The New Black fans horrified as major character dies in brutal revenge attack in final series
- How did Texas weather forecaster Kelly Plasker die aged 42?
Burt Reynolds dead — Smokey and the Bandit and Boogie Nights star dies aged 82 after heart attack have 363 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.