Broadcaster and restaurateur Andi Oliver is reprising her role as a veteran judge on Great British Menu, which starts this week.
But what do we know about Andi and how did she get famous?
Who is Andi Oliver?
Andi, 54, is a London-based chef who is regularly seen hosting TV and radio shows, usually around food.
The star is said to have a lifelong obsession with tasty cuisine, and would throw her own dinner parties from the young age of 12.
She travelled extensively in her youth, thanks to her dad’s career in the RAF, and this gave her a varied palate with influences from all over the world.
She was announced as the new host of Great British Menu in 2016, starting for the 2017 series.
When she isn’t broadcasting, she co-runs the SugarShack restaurant in London with Kelly Miles.
What else has Andi Oliver done apart from Great British Menu?
Andi has worked in broadcasting across TV and radio for over two decades.
In 2006, she hosted the BBC show The Truth About Food, and in 2007 she fronted her own show with Neneh Cherry called Neneh and Andi Dish It Up on BBC Two.
She is a regular panelist on BBC Radio 4’s The Kitchen Cabinet and has also appeared on Saturday Kitchen and Food Glorious Food among others.
Andi has also presented from Glastonbury Festival and the Brit Awards.
When is Great British Menu 2018 on TV?
The 13th series of the Great British Menu started on Monday August 13 at 7.30pm on BBC2 and airs 5 nights a week.
Twenty-four professional chefs show off their culinary skills in the hopes of being chosen to cook one course for the four course banquet to celebrate the National Health Service’s (NHS) 70th birthday.
‘she’s scared for future’
Katie Price ‘begs Peter Andre for help’ to avoid bankruptcy
SHOCK DRUG DEATH
Pregnant TV star Lyric McHenry found dead on pavement with no pants on
The OFFICIAL CBB line-up confirmed to enter the famous house on Thursday
‘IT’S LIKE A BATON’
Charlotte Crosby’s fans stunned by Joshua Ritchie’s enormous bulge
Jack admits he’s finally had sex with Dani… but it was a flop
BACK TO BASICS
Lisa Appleton forced to live in a tree house as she hits rock bottom
She said: “I am so absolutely thrilled to be returning to GBM and when I heard that this year we would be celebrating the extraordinary people who work in our beloved NHS I jumped for joy!
“The combination of culinary excellence from our incredible chefs and the hugely emotional and personal connection that we all have to the NHS means that this will be an exceptional year for the competition.”
The feast will be held in the Great Hall of St Bartholomew’s Hospital, Britain’s oldest working hospital.
- Damaged Goods: The Inside Story of Sir Philip Green, the Collapse of BHS and the Death of the High Street by Oliver Shah – review
- Oliver offers 25-cent top Yanks seats, hopes for 'riff-raff'
- Beer Judge Boot Camp, day 3: How to get better at tasting beer
- The Coolest Stuff We Saw at CES 2018
- The many problems with MMA judging
- Beer Judge Boot Camp, day 2: Why you should swirl and sniff your beer like a snooty person
- Tom Brady’s chef breaks down QB’s crazy eating habits
- Celebrity chef Michael Symon’s expert tips for the perfect tailgate party
- Chef Artley 'Chopped' in Final Round of TV Cooking Show
- Taste of Cleveland: Browns to feature food from popular local chefs at FirstEnergy Stadium