THE wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles was widely billed as the “wedding of the century”. But where did the couple tie the knot and what was her wedding dress and engagement ring like? Where did Princess Diana get married? The wedding of Lady Diana Spencer and Charles, Prince of Wales took place on Wednesday July 29, 1981. They tied the knot at St Paul’s Cathedral, and the ceremony was a traditional Church of England wedding. It was estimated to have been watched by a global TV audience of 750 million, and the UK had a national holiday on the day too. However, the couple famously split in 1992 and finalised their divorce in 1996. What was Princess Diana’s maiden name? Before she was a member of the royal family, Princess Diana was known as Lady Diana Spencer. The Prince of Wales first met his future bride when she was just 16, in November 1977. He had been dating her older sister Lady Sarah, but it wasn’t until the summer of 1980, when Diana watched him play polo during a country weekend, that he took a serious interest in her as a bride. The couple officially announced their engagement… Read full this story
- Princess Diana's royal wedding would look like this in 2020
- Princess Diana’s surprising phone call on her wedding day revealed
- Royals you never knew remarried: Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Duchess Camilla, more
- Prince Charles not invited to goddaughter & Princess Diana's bridesmaid's wedding
- Royal wedding: Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Sophie Wessex - most-watched video revealed!
- Charles and Camilla, so serene at Christmas: Picture of the couple looking relaxed and hugging during summer break in Scotland features on their greetings card
- Prince Charles and Diana WERE in love, despite what The Crown claims: Smitten royal would squeeze his wife's bottom in public and they shared 'genuine happiness', Queen's former press secretary reveals
- The Crown's Emma Corrin compares her Princess Diana hair do to George Michael's Wham! look, jokes with co-star Josh O'Connor, has a wedding dress fitting and knits in candid clips
- The Crown series four had more viewers in its first week than Prince Charles and Princess Diana's real wedding had in 1981 as 29 MILLION globally tuned in
- Princess Diana’s butler Paul Burrell slams inaccuracies in The Crown and reveals what’s real and what’s fake
When was Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s wedding, what was her maiden name and what did her wedding dress look like? have 378 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.