Carly Champaco Pacific Daily News
Published 8:11 p.m. UTC Aug 30, 2018
Friday through Sunday will be mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service.
Poll: Problems at GMH
What is the reason for ongoing problems at GMH? Poll closes at 3 p.m. Aug. 31, 2018.
Drivers please slow down for roadside cleanup
The Guam National Guard airmen and soldiers and civilians from the Government of Guam’s Department of Military Affairs will be doing roadside cleanups and debris removal in Barrigada and Piti beginning at 5:30 a.m. Aug. 31.
Motorists are asked to slow down in these areas and participants can be identified with their reflective attire.
Roadside cleanup will be collected along:
- Army Drive, both sides
- Tri-intersections of Routes 8, 10 and 16 in Barrigada
- Micronesia Mall and Route 1, Marine Corps Drive
- Fence line of the Guam Veterans Cemetery along Route 1, Marine Corps Drive
- Route 6, Nimitz Hill in Piti
The Guam National Guard and the Department of Military Affairs conducts quarterly cleanups of the adopted roadways through the Lt. Governors Islandwide Beautification Task Force’s roadway program, according to the release.
Veterans health conference Friday
WestCare Pacific Islands will host their fifth annual Veterans Health Conference “Vital Connections” from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. August 31 at the Guam Museum in Hagåtña.
The event will highlight the importance of veterans being aware of the benefits of healthy lifestyles and access to services.
Veterans from all eras and family members are invited to attend. Registration is free at www.veteranshealthsummit2018.eventbrite.com or call 472-0218/9.
Friday night market at Acanta
The weekly attraction at Acanta Mall in Tumon will feature live music, food trucks, drinks and 23 local vendors in an effort to make local products more available in the tourism district.
The event is free and open to the public from 6 to 10 p.m. every Friday. Read more on our story here.
Marbo Cave cleanup on Saturday
Chief Petty Officer Selectees from Guam Navy commands will be doing a cleanup at the historic Marbo Cave access road from 8 to 11 a.m. Sept. 1.
According to the release, Performance Monitoring Team detachment Guam formally adopted the access road through the Islandwide Beautification Task Force in April of last year.
The group partners with Submarine Squadron 15 service members to routinely clear trash and debris from the location in efforts to curtail illegal dumping and promote environmental stewardship on the island, says the release.
Product launch, beach cleanup Saturday
Shorty’s Swimwear will launch its first product line and assist with algae clean-up in the Hagåtña lagoon on September 1
The cleanup starts at noon and will include entertainment, an open mic starting at 2 p.m. and food trucks during the event. Read more here.
Free healthy cooking class Sunday
A healthy cooking class is being offered and will feature peanut soba noodles, quinoa slaw, red brown rice and an asian entrée from 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 2 at the Agana Heights SDA Church Fellowship Hall, downstairs.
No registration or fees for the cooking class. Donations are welcomed. For more information contact Betty Jo at 486-1952.
DUI checkpoints on Sunday
Guam Police Department’s Highway Patrol Division will be conducting DUI sobriety checkpoints on Sunday, Sept. 2 from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m Monday, Sept. 3.
Checkpoints will be set up on major roads on island including:
- Route 1 Marine Corps Drive, Dededo to Route 1 Marine Corps Drive, Hagåtña
- Route 14 Chalan San Vitores, Tumon
- Route 10 Vietnam Veterans Highway
- Route 8 Purple Heart Memorial Highway
- Route 16 Army Drive
Read more about this weekend’s DUI sobriety checkpoints here.
What’s open and closed for Labor Day
Labor Day is Sept. 3, 2018. Most agencies and businesses will be closed. See what will be open or closed for Labor Day. Find out more information here.
- Hitler salutes and white supremacism: a weekend with the 'alt-right'
- Celebrity deaths in 2019: Famous faces lost this year from Gary Rhodes to Toni Morrison
- Don't ask Aldous Harding what her songs mean
- 'Joe is not playing with a full deck' says Donald Trump as Biden escalates attack on president - but is tripped up by his own gaffes including saying 'poor kids are as bright and talented as white kids'
- Death Stranding Will Be Available For Its Lowest Price Yet On Sunday
- Live Updates: National Weather Service Says Texas Storm Is "Beyond Anything Experienced"
- FMIA: Annual NFL Training Camp Tour Begins—And It’s Already In Jeopardy
- Boris Johnson makes Nicky Morgan a PEER to allow her to continue to serve as Culture Secretary as he appoints Simon Hart as his new Welsh Secretary but keeps his powder dry for a massive post-Brexit reshuffle in February
- Boris’s blue wall: Prime Minister poses with his 109 new Tory MPs who will help him to 'Get Brexit Done' as the Conservatives flex their muscles in Westminster - and he shores up his Cabinet by making Nicky Morgan a PEER
- Goodbye to all that: losing MPs face brutal exit from Westminster
What you need to know for Friday, August 31 and the weekend have 816 words, post on eu.guampdn.com at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.