Trump took a swing at LeBron while indicating his preference for Chicago Bulls veteran Michael Jordan in the long-running Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) superstar debate.
Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!
Calling Lemon “the dumbest man on television,” Trump quipped that the anchor “made LeBron look smart, which isn’t easy to do.”
The president’s animosity towards Lemon is part of a long-running feud, with Trump referring to the anchor as the “dumbest man on television,” “dumb as a rock,” and “a lightweight” on previous occasions going back to 2016. Last October, CNN, whom Trump has derided as a Fake News organization, accused the President of ‘online bullying’ through his attacks on Lemon. In March, Lemon accused Trump of being a “racist.”
In his interview with Lemon, James accused Trump of “using sports to kinda divide us” and said the President “doesn’t understand the power that he has for being the leader of this beautiful country.” Trump’s lack of understanding about how kids look up to the president makes him “more sick than anything,” LeBron said.
Trump’s latest attack prompted a major backlash on social media, with users urging the President to focus on the real problems in the world while pointing to LeBron’s charity activities. Others simply cracked jokes.
Of all the problems in the world, Trump used his presidential authority to call LeBron James stupid last night. LeBron just opened a school for at-risk kids, providing them free tuition, bicycles, food, counseling & guaranteed tuition to the University of Akron if they graduate.
My God. Really??? You’re the President of the United States, for Christ’s sake! Not some small-time snark-artist comic in search of a punchline who has to have a “take” on absolutely every triviality! You’re supposed to inspire people, not debase the tone of all public discourse!
How do you insult a man’s intelligence while spelling his name wrong twice? You’re a petty, incompetent, barely literate, idiotic malcontent who got everything from his rich daddy. You should aspire to be LeBron.
— Kelly Scaletta (@KellyScaletta) 4 августа 2018 г.
Trump supporters rushed to defend the president, suggesting LeBron focus on his basketball career.
Lebron James IS A SOCIAL WARRIOR SHEEP. He should stick to putting HIS BALLS in a Hoop and Leave to Red Pilling up to the Q movement. This Guy really has no Clue. EXAMPLE? He is on CNN with Don THE JOKE Lemon. Enough said.
Trump is undefeated in elections. pic.twitter.com/LCHCzPsg9p
Others users pointed to Trump’s apparent lack of consistency, recalling his previous tweets showering LeBron with praise and calling him a “great guy!”
A tweet for every occassion. pic.twitter.com/UqcqezJ6Fz
Don Lemon himself eventually joined the fray, accusing Trump of being “the real dummy” for putting kids “in cages,” in reference to the scandal involving the separation of children from their illegal immigrant parents by US immigration authorities.
- Kobe Bryant: Fans Rally Around LeBron James After Report He Was ‘in His Own Space’ During Memorial
- Kobe Bryant Celebration of Life: Lebron James Tweets '2/24', Immediately Gets Asked If He Was There
- LeBron James Tweets Just Minutes Before Kobe Bryant Celebration of Life
- Kobe Bryant Celebration of Life: Fans Ask If LeBron James Was There, and Reactions Pour in
- LeBron James Reacts to Speculation Over Not Attending Kobe Bryant's Memorial
- Kobe Bryant Fans Make Eerie Comparison Between LeBron James and Zion Williamson, Michael Jordan and Lakers Star
- Kobe Bryant: Side-By-Side Video Compares LeBron James' Perfect 'Fade Away' Tribute to Lakers Icon
- Kobe Bryant Celebration of Life: Sports Journalist Slams Those Asking If LeBron James Attended Memorial in New Video
- Kobe Bryant's Talk From 2001 ABCD Basketball Camp Resurfaces Amid LeBron James Scrutiny
- Kobe Bryant: LeBron James Fans Express Frustration After Lakers Star Is Repeatedly Asked About Memorial