The suspected “Golden State Killer,” accused of murders across California, will be prosecuted in one combined trial in Sacramento, prosecutors announced Tuesday. Joseph DeAngelo, a 72-year-old former police officer, was arrested this April, following decades in which California law enforcement officers were stumped by what became known as the “Golden State Killer” case. An amended complaint filed Tuesday morning in Sacramento alleges crimes including 13 counts of murder, spanning six jurisdictions in the northern, central and southern parts of the state, prosecutors said at Tuesday’s news conference.(MORE: How DNA from family members helped solve the ‘Golden State Killer’ case: DA) The unified prosecutors said they are committed to delivering justice for the victims and their loves ones in the single jurisdiction. “We stand united” on “team justice,” Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said Tuesday. DeAngelo is in custody in Sacramento County and has not entered a plea. He will be arraigned on the amended complaint on Thursday, Schubert said. (MORE: ‘Going to kill you’: Hear chilling phone call allegedly made by ‘Golden State Killer’) The “Golden State Killer” was believed to have committed a string of murders, rapes and home burglaries throughout California in the 1970s and 1980s,… Read full this story
- Who is the Golden State Killer? How an ex-cop is suspected of inflicting a reign of terror on California
- 5 things to know about the Golden State Killer's trial
- Arrest Made in Golden State Cold Case: Four Other Serial Killers Who Were Never Caught
- Relative's DNA from genealogy websites cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says
- Ex-cop accused of 12 murders and 51 rapes faces victims in court
- Prosecutors mull DeAngelo’s trial site, whether to seek death penalty
- Teen victim of East Area Rapist ‘never shed a tear’ but ecstatic at arrest
- Teen victim of East Area Rapist ‘never shed a tear’ but is ecstatic at arrest
- The Latest: Accuser calls Bill Cosby 'a raping monster'
- AP News in Brief 04-26-18
Suspected 'Golden State Killer' to face trial in Sacramento have 318 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 21, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.