PUBLISHED: 12:00 12 August 2018 Ryan Jackson celebrates after scoring to put the U’s 2-0 up against Port Vale. Picture: STEVE WALLER © Copyright Stephen Waller These are very early days, and it’s only wise to whisper it at the moment, but Colchester United’s 2018-19 season could be a very exciting one. U’s man-of-the-match Courtney Senior fires the U’s into an early lead against Port Vale. Picture: STEVE WALLERHot on the heels of a battling 0-0 draw at title favourites Notts County on the opening day, John McGreal’s men followed that up with a comfortable home win over Port Vale on Saturday.It was a great way to open up their home campaign, against a Vale side who had brushed aside ex-Colchester manager Joe Dunne’s Cambridge side 3-0 the previous weekend.The U’s played some very entertaining, attacking, enterprising football, especially in the first half, and they were good value for their 2-0 win.In fact, the only down-side – and this is only a minor complaint – is that the U’s did not add to their goal-tally, following early strikes from Courtney Senior (eight minutes) and Ryan Jackson (23).The hosts should have won at a canter, by three or fours goal at… Read full this story
- Super Senior: Jim Carter
- Super Senior: Irene Cross
- Trump’s ‘rogue killers’ comment is latest echo of suspect foreign talking points
- Huddle Up: Whitehouse Talking Points for Week 4
- Trump returns to United Nations, signs South Korea trade deal
- More Mourinho misery to come? The Premier League talking points
- What Gus Malzahn said about Ole Miss, offensive changes on 'Tiger Talk'
- What Gus Malzahn said about Southern Miss on 'Tiger Talk'
- Elderly Man Found Alive in Washington, D.C., Senior Center Five Days After Fire
- At United Nations, Fears of a ‘New World Disorder’ as Trump Returns
Super Senior and Kane’s return – Colchester United Talking Points have 298 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at August 12, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.