Travis Scott 's Astroworld held off Nicki Minaj 's Queen to remain the Number One album on the Billboard 200, with the Houston rapper's latest selling 205,000 total copies in its second week of release.
Of that total, Astroworld accumulated 125,000 streaming equivalent albums (SEAs) thanks to a combined 167.5 million on-demand streams, Billboard reports .
Queen settled for Number Two with a total of 185,000 copies, with 78,000 from traditional album sales. The numbers were likely impacted in part by Queen 's troubled release that endured multiple delays, including a postponement to August 17th that was ultimately nixed in favor of its scheduled August 10th release.
After Queen 's initial release, Minaj added the controversial single "FEFE" with 6ix9ine to the album's digital tracklist in an attempt to boost streaming numbers, but that wasn't enough to dislodge Scott from the top spot. Queen also benefitted from a concert package that paired tickets to the rapper's upcoming NickiHndrxx tour with Future with free copies of Queen .
Following the death of Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul's 30 Greatest Hits collection jumped into the Top 10 at Number Seven with 35,000 total copies. That marks Franklin's highest charting album since 1972's Amazing Grace peaked at Number Seven, Billboard notes.
In addition to Queen , two more new releases broke into the Top 10: Rapper Trippie Redd's debut album Life's a Trap opened at Number Four and 72,000 total copies and Jason Mraz's Know debuted at Number Nine.
Drake's Scorpion fell one spot to Number Three, with Post Malone's Beerbongs & Bentleys (Number Five), Juice WRLD's Goodbye & Good Riddance (Number Six), Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy (Number Eight) and XXXTentacion's ? (Number 10) the other Top 10 returnees.
Astroworld 's reign will likely end next week with the arrival of Ariana Grande's Sweetener .
- Brandy Scored Her ‘Dream Role’ in ‘Queens’
- Queen health fears update: Her Majesty will ‘struggle to slow down’ after being ORDERED to miss COP26 & rest
- 'All hail the queens': A look back at the legacy of women in hip-hop
- Blackpink’s Lisa, Adele, Justin Bieber And Jesy Nelson: Big Moves On The U.K. Singles Chart
- Kourtney Kardashian & Travis Barker ‘have a Ying Yang attraction’ & want a ‘strong’ home together, psychic predicts
- Cardi B throws shade at Taylor Swift after knocking her off number one
- Inside Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker’s whirlwind engagement from kinky sex and steamy PDAs to pregnancy rumours
- Travis Barker’s relationship history as he proposes to Kourtney Kardashian
- Meghan Markle latest news – Prince Harry ‘panicked’ over Queen health fears as Duke & Meg ‘want Lilibet in UK for Xmas’
- Royal family latest news: Queen ‘wants to host family for Christmas’ & Prince Andrew’s legal team releases new fight
- Charting the COVID-19 situation: Victoria's sets fourth record in 10 days for biggest daily rise in cases
- Jesy Nelson latest – Inside star’s booze-fuelled bender to celebrate Boyz release while Leigh-Anne Pinnock feud rages on
- Live Review: Jay Z Puts Tidal’s All-Star Owners to Work in Brooklyn for Tidal X: 1020 Concert
- Little Mix fans in frenzy as Leigh-Anne Pinnock’s Drag Race UK episode revealed
- Inside the life of breakout star Cardi B who is hip hop’s very own fairy tale princess
- 15 Celebrities expected to take 2022 by storm
- Adele’s lover Rich Paul lost childhood best friend in shooting
- Jesy Nelson’s heartbreak as she confirms she hasn’t spoken to Little Mix bandmates since quitting band
- The Witcher: Netflix fans slam ‘terrible’ season 2 trailer ‘Doesn’t work at all’
- The Unvaccinated May Not Be Who You Think
On the Charts: Travis Scott Holds Off Nicki Minaj’s ‘Queen’ to Stay Number One have 602 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at August 19, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.