Two late goals condemned Preston North End to defeat on a night to forget at Carrow Road. Both sides were below-par in a game low on quality in Norfolk.But after the Lilywhites had had the better openings, a fine Tim Krul save helping Callum Robinson’s effort on to the bar 15 minutes from time, the home side had a couple of late sucker-punches up their sleeves.First Teemu Pukki was given time to fire home 11 minutes from the end with Alex Tettey’s sweet strike from distance making sure of the Canaries’ first Championship win of the season.PNE boss Alex Neil had made three changes with Paul Huntington making a first Championship start of the season and Tom Barkhuizen and Louis Moult returning to the starting line-up.It was an even start in Norfolk with both PNE left back Andrew Hughes and Norwich’s Onel Hernandez seeing crosses just about cleared from the danger area in the opening quarter of an hour.Both sides struggled to hit top gear though, the first real clear-cut opening of the match coming 25 minutes in.Lukas Nmecha pounced on a loose ball and turned well in the box. His left-footed effort was palmed away by Krul with the… Read full this story
- MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 3 Newcastle 1
- Don’t miss your chance to watch this week’s Norwich City fanzine The PinkUn Show
- Northstander: I was pleased when Norwich won – that’s how bad it’s got!
- Revolution gets late penalty kick for 2-2 draw with Portland
- Ramsey County roundup: Fletcher wins back sheriff’s post, Rettman defeated
- Holiday at the movies: FJI previews end-of-year diversions and award contenders
- Boston, Art, Cape Ann and Connecticut Country Roads
- Planning A Route 66 USA Road Trip
- I Am Providence: The City that Made H.P. Lovecraft
- 'Game of Thrones' Final Path: The Journey of the Night King
Norwich City 2-0 Preston North End: Late goals condemn PNE to defeat on poor night at Carrow Road have 305 words, post on www.lep.co.uk at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.