‘LazyTown’ villain Stefan Karl Stefansson dies at 43
August 22, 2018 04:12 AM
Icelandic actor Stefan Karl Stefansson, who played villain Robbie Rotten in the children’s TV series “LazyTown,” has died of cancer. He was 43.
The actor’s wife, Steinunn Olina Thorsteinsdottir, announced on Facebook that he died Tuesday.
Trained as a stage actor and puppeteer, Stefansson was best known for “LazyTown,” where his junk food-munching villain was pitted against child heroine Stephanie and fitness-loving hero Sportacus. The Iceland-made show, a mix of animation, live action and CGI, ran between 2004 and 2007, and from 2013 to 2014.
Stefansson was diagnosed with bile duct cancer in 2016. He announced earlier this year that the disease had returned and was inoperable.
Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you’ll never miss a local story.
He is survived by his wife and four children. Thorsteinsdottir said his ashes would be scattered on the ocean, in keeping with his wishes.
- All the celebrities and famous people who died in 2018
- These are the celebrities we lost in 2018
- The Celebrity Deaths of 2018 and other legends gone too soon
- The Celebrity Deaths of 2018
- Briton flew home on friend's passport
- 19 people murdered in Northern Ireland, up 20% since 2017
- MSPs approve Scottish income tax plans
- Year in Review – Top Stories of 2018 #3
- 83 criminals jailed in the North East in 2018
- Here are some of the celebrities we have lost in the last 12 months
- Gloomy German left remembers murdered Rosa Luxemburg
- Jailed in December: Faces of 52 offenders sentenced to Christmas behind bars
- The 25 richest families in the world
- A year of tragedy with 19 murders including a 15-month-old baby
- Greek withdrawal from the eurozone
- Forgotten women artists of Vienna censored by the Nazis
- Exhibition redeems forgotten women censored by Nazis
- The making of Dubravka: How he became one of Newcastle's best-ever signings
- Terrifying 157ft ‘firenado’ rips through Dutch neighbourhood after New Year’s revellers host illegal bonfire party
- Wild wolves in crosshairs of German politics
‘LazyTown’ villain Stefan Karl Stefansson dies at 43 have 430 words, post on www.ledger-enquirer.com at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.