The suspected “Golden State Killer” is now facing charges for his 13th alleged murder, and the earliest one yet — the killing of a college professor in central California in 1975. Interested in ‘Golden State Killer’ Case? Add ‘Golden State Killer’ Case as an interest to stay up to date on the latest ‘Golden State Killer’ Case news, video, and analysis from ABC News. ‘Golden State Killer’ Case Add Interest Joseph DeAngelo, a 72-year-old former police officer, was arrested this April and charged with 12 killings, following decades in which California law enforcement officers were stumped by what became known as the “Golden State Killer” case. DeAngelo is now accused of shooting to death Claude Snelling while allegedly trying to kidnap Snelling’s daughter from the professor’s Visalia home on Sept. 11, 1975, Visalia Police Chief Jason Salazar said at a news conference Monday. DeAngelo was working as a police officer in Exeter, California, at the time of Snelling’s murder, Salazar said. While DNA was recovered from other of DeAngelo’s alleged crimes, no DNA was available from the Visalia killing, Salazar said. He now stands accused of 13 murders across five California counties. DeAngelo is also believed to be behind a… Read full this story
- Golden State Killer suspect, 74, looks gaunt and appears to nod off to sleep on his feet in court as a judge orders him to give up more DNA
- Golden State Killer suspect arraigned in Sacramento court
- Golden State Killer Suspect Offers to Plead Guilty to 13 Murder Counts to Be Spared Death Penalty
- Patton Oswalt Says Golden State Killer Suspect's Arrest Is 'Bittersweet' After Late Wife's Book on Murders
- Judge OKs More DNA Tests From Alleged Golden State Killer
- Police identify suspect in DWI crash that killed retired Converse police officer
- Alabama man executed for role in 2004 killing of three police officers
- Lawyers for alleged Golden State Killer say he will plead guilty if death penalty is taken off table
- Who Is the 'Golden State Killer' and Will They Be Caught?
- Alabama executes Nathaniel Woods Jr., linked to killings of 3 police officers; no last words
'Golden State Killer' suspect allegedly killed his first victim in 1975, while he was a police officer have 338 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.