Andrew Cuomo loves big donations from rich guys. His campaign has touted the number of small donors he had, even though most of his money still comes from big donations and a suspiciously large number of $1 donations from someone who shares an address with a Cuomo campaign aide. But investigative journalist David Sirota has a staggering report at Capital & Main today on a particularly egregious donation Cuomo received earlier this year: $25,000 from David Boies, Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer, which came just days before the governor ordered the suspension of an investigation into Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance’s handling of the Weinstein case. That investigation stemmed from the revelation that Boies had also donated $10,000 to Vance before the district attorney declined to prosecute Weinstein. The timing is impossible to ignore. According to New York campaign finance records, Cuomo’s campaign received a $25,000 donation from Boies’ law firm on June 20. Six days later, Cuomo quietly ordered the suspension of the investigation into Vance’s handling of the Weinstein investigation in a letter obtained by Page Six. As the tabloid reported, Cuomo called for a six-month pause, which would allow the investigation to continue shortly after the November elections. It… Read full this story
- Ronan Farrow suspects that Harvey Weinstein threatened NBC with Matt Lauer's secrets
- Ronan Farrow alleges Harvey Weinstein threatened NBC with Matt Lauer's secrets
- How much is Harvey Weinstein worth, what are his hit movies and who is his wife Georgina Chapman?
- Harvey Weinstein accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl
- Tory minister Michael Gove forced to apologise over Harvey Weinstein joke
- Sundance film festival to showcase Zac Efron as Ted Bundy and documentaries on Weinstein and Ocasio-Cortez
- Weinstein accused of sexually assaulting 16-year-old: lawsuit
- Good Morning, News: Trump Ordered to Turn Over Tax Returns, Iraqi Police Kill Demonstrators, and Judgement Day for a Local Proud Boy
- LAWYER’S SUSPENSION ENDS SOON
- Anti-Doping Delay: FIFA's Foot-Dragging in an Investigation in Russia
Cuomo Suspended Investigation Just Days After Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Gave Him $25,000 have 315 words, post on splinternews.com at August 29, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.