World Cup favourites France are targeting the final in Russia two decades after their 1998 triumph with one of their greatest players, Thierry Henry, plotting their downfall from the dugout of opponents Belgium. Belgium assistant coach Thierry Henry is plotting the downfall of France in the World Cup semi-finals AFP/FRANCK FIFE The European neighbours meet in Tuesday’s (Jul 8) first semi-final in Saint Petersburg for the right to play England or Croatia in Sunday’s showpiece in Moscow. Former Arsenal and Barcelona forward Henry, who was part of the squad that won the World Cup on home soil 20 years ago, is now alongside Belgium coach Roberto Martinez and eyeing the chinks in France’s armour. “It will be bizarre to have him up against us,” said France striker Olivier Giroud. “He is a living legend of French football. “He has given so much to the France team and we have got a lot of respect for what he has done. But we’re not thinking about it too much, we’re going to be focused on the pitch and our game.” A slick Belgium side boasting the talents of Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku are the only team to have… Read full this story
- MS Dhoni wanted another toss in 2011 World Cup final: Kumar Sangakkara
- France-Turkey tensions mount after NATO naval incident
- Hockey World Cup 2018: Change of structure at half-time worked for us, says Harendra
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India vs Canada preview, start time, where to watch: Hosts eye quarter berth
- Hockey World Cup 2018: All you need to know about India
- Hal Robson-Kanu on Wales’ incredible Euro 2016 & that goal vs Belgium – Euro Memories
- 'Mass testing' at UK airports to save our summer holidays: Grant Shapps will FINALLY unveil list of 60 'safe' countries today - including France, Spain, Italy and New Zealand - but will they want Brits to go there?
- Lukas Podolski on Germany's Euro 2008 final heartache & the nation's future stars - Euro Memories
- Brussels bombings: massive manhunt across Belgium for suspected terrorist on the run
- Vietnam eyes Women's World Cup debut in Australia, New Zealand
World Cup: France eye World Cup final but Belgium have Henry factor have 341 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at July 9, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.