source Warner Bros. A new report indicates that writer/director Matt Reeves’ script for “The Batman” features a young version of the character. This likely means that actor Ben Affleck will not return. It’s been rumored for some time that Reeves wants to reboot the Batman franchise with a new actor. The report follows big changes in leadership for DC Entertainment. Rumors have swirled for some time that Ben Affleck wouldn’t be returning as Batman, a character he’s portrayed in three movies so far: “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “Suicide Squad,” and “Justice League.” As of now, Affleck is still attached to star in the next solo Batman movie, “The Batman.” But a new report has resurrected the idea that he may actually be out as the Dark Knight. According to The Hollywood Reporter, “The Batman” writer/director Matt Reeves, known for “War for the Planet of the Apes,” turned in the first act of his screenplay over the Memorial Day weekend. It reportedly features a young version of the character, which means Affleck would likely not be returning to Gotham City. At 45 years old, Affleck is too old to play a young take on Batman. The movies he’s starred… Read full this story
- Ben Affleck to star in and direct standalone ‘Batman’ movie: report
- Ben Affleck to star in ‘Batman’ standalone film, which won’t hit theaters until 2019: report
- Ben Affleck’s in talks to direct ‘Justice League,’ Warner Bros.’ answer to ‘Avengers,’ says report
- Batman costume revealed! Director Zack Snyder posts pic of Ben Affleck as the Dark Knight from 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Matt Damon: My Jason Bourne could 'kick the s--t out of Ben Affleck's Batman'
- Ben Affleck pulls out of directing solo 'Batman' movie
- Christian Bale offers sage advice to new Batman Ben Affleck
- Justin Timberlake: I want to play The Riddler opposite Ben Affleck's Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Ben Affleck will don Batman's cape and cowl in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Comic-Con 2014: Batman fans all abuzz about new pic of Ben Affleck in costume
The next Batman movie reportedly features a young version of the superhero, so Ben Affleck is likely done have 338 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at June 13, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.