ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is on his way to Britain where he’ll meet Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday.
Before leaving Istanbul for London on Sunday, Erdogan called the U.K. a “strategic partner and ally” and said he would be discussing bilateral, regional and international issues with May. They include the latest developments in Cyprus, where Turkey and Britain act as guarantors, and a “joint action plan” in the Middle East, especially in Syria, Iraq and Iran.
Erdogan said his three-day visit would also focus on increasing Turkey-Britain trade.
He said that “we want to continue our economic relations as the governments of Turkey and the United Kingdom without interruptions after Brexit.”
Erdogan will also be speaking at think tank Chatham House and meeting investors.
- A bare-legged Melania braves freezing D.C. temperatures in a $2,300 coat as she and Trump welcome the Turkish president and his wife to the White House amid impeachment hearings
- Donald Trump to meet Queen at Buckingham Palace ahead of general election
- Donald Trump: ‘I’m a Big Fan’ of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- ‘I’m a Big Fan’: Trump Endorses Another Autocrat in Meeting with Turkish President Erdogan
- Turkish President Ordered Banks to Violate U.N. Sanctions on Iran, Architect of Scheme Testifies
- Donald Trump will meet Queen in London visit just DAYS before December general election
- Trump Skips First Day of Public Impeachment Hearing to Host Turkish President Erdogan
- Italian president reappoints Giuseppe Conte as PM-designate to lead coalition gov't
- Donald Trump visit RECAP: President says 'Brexit will work out well for Ireland'
- Donald Trump UK visit: Recap after president's banquet dinner with Charles and Camilla
- What is a State Visit and how is Trump's UK trip different to his Working Visit?
- White House confirms Donald and Melania Trump will meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace reception on three-day visit for Nato summit ahead of election
- Turkey to push UK to extradite alleged coup plotters
- Boris Johnson’s girlfriend Carrie Symonds could meet the Queen at Balmoral despite PM’s divorce from estranged wife not complete
- Irish eyes are smiling: show of respect turns Queen into runaway favourite
- Melania Trump looks chic in a cream coat and hat as she honours D-Day veterans with President Trump, the Queen and Theresa May
- Queen Elizabeth II Outlines UK Gov't Agenda in Scaled-Down Speech
- Donald Trump and Prince Charles share a joke as President hosts banquet dinner
- Donald Trump and Queen honour D-Day veterans 75 years on in Portsmouth
- Boris Johnson says US should ‘reconsider its decision’ to give immunity to diplomat’s wife Anne Sacoolas who fled UK after Harry Dunn died in hit-and-run
Turkish president heads to UK before meetings with queen, PM have 430 words, post on www.pressofatlanticcity.com at May 13, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.