Not only are the NFL owners colluding against Colin Kaepernick, the embattled free agent quarterback’s lawyer claims, but they did so out of fear of President Donald Trump, who has seized upon the issue of players protesting during the national anthem. According to Kaepernick’s attorney Mark Geragos, one of the 32 team owners testified under oath that he opted against signing the embattled quarterback after Trump began blasting the protests, which were started by Kaepernick in 2016 as a way to raise awareness about inequality and police brutality against minorities. Kaepernick, 30, is suing the NFL, accusing the owners of colluding against him in retaliation for his role in starting the controversial protests. The former Super Bowl starter has been without a team since March of 2017, and as Geragos told CBS Sports Radio legal analyst Amy Dash on her ‘Straight Aim’ podcast, he believes the owners have shunned Kaepernick directly because of Trump. ‘The only reason – and the owners will admit that – they haven’t signed him is they’re afraid of Trump, and they’ve colluded because of Trump,’ Geragos said. Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick (No. 7) is suing the NFL, accusing the owners of colluding against him… Read full this story
- Colin Kaepernick’s Lawyers Looking to Subpoena Trump to Testify Under Oath in NFL, Report Says
- NFL Owner Testifies Under Oath that He Changed His Mind About Hiring Kaepernick After Trump’s Comments
- Dallas Cowboys’ Jerry Jones: Trump Said ‘Tell Everybody, You Can’t Win’ on National Anthem Protests
- When Guests Want to Check In With Firearms, What Can Hotels Do?
- Justices spar over arguments in transgender discrimination case
- Instagram Model Sued for Sharing Video of Dog Named ‘Hef’ Humping Her
- Live at Dem debate: Candidates spar on illegal border crossings
'They're afraid of Trump': Kaepernick's attorney insists the NFL colluded against his client over fear of the President, who warned one team owner, 'You can't win this one' have 288 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 30, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.