Having actively worked in the southern film industry, Taapsee says unlike the Hindi film industry, horror has been the most exploited genre in the south. IANSUpdated:May 21, 2018, 9:17 AM IST Image: Taapsee Pannu’s Official Twitter Account Actress Taapsee Pannu, who has worked in a few horror films in the southern film industry, says Hindi cinema hasn’t really exploited the horror genre. “I have done two extremely successful horror films in South, my last release in a southern language ‘Anando Brahma’, was horror. It did brilliantly well and so did ‘Kanchana 2’. I think horror is a genre which Hindi cinema per say hasn’t exploited much till now,” Taapsee told IANS over the phone. “I have come across a couple of directors with scripts… who want to explore the genre… The thing is not many see horror separated from erotica till now. That is why I guess of late, we don’t have many options to boast about the thing that this was horror and not erotica,” she added. Having actively worked in the southern film industry, Taapsee says unlike the Hindi film industry, horror has been the most exploited genre in the south. “In south, horror is the most exploited… Read full this story
- From Kangana Ranaut to Sushant Singh Rajput, outsiders set new rules — both at Box Office and in Bollywood
- Tamil actor Vijay Antony takes a pay cut. Will Bollywood actors follow suit?
- Through daily live sessions, Mumbai’s Coconut Theatre keeps conversations on the genre active
- PIX: Ileana remembers her bikini days
- Coronavirus latest: Pandemic exposes global inequality, says UN head
- Ant and Dec issue apology for 'impersonating people of colour' on Saturday Night Takeaway and promise to never do it again... as they remove all footage of sketches from ITV Hub
Taapsee Pannu Thinks Bollywood Hasn't Exploited Horror Genre, Unlike South Indian Cinema have 292 words, post on www.news18.com at May 21, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.