WINDSOR, England (AP) – The Latest on the Royal wedding (all times local): 1:35 p.m. Meghan Markle reached 125 years back into the British monarchy’s vault to choose her wedding tiara. The diamond bandeau Markle wore was made for Queen Mary, who was crowned with husband King George V in 1911. The tiara was specifically designed to accommodate a brooch that was given to Mary in 1893 to commemorate her engagement to the then-Prince George. Queen Elizabeth II inherited the pieces in 1953. The grandmother of groom Prince Harry has hundreds of tiaras stored in locked vaults. Royal tradition holds that the queen would let Markle borrow one of the sparkly heirlooms. In the months before Saturday’s wedding, there had been speculation over whether Markle would continue the tiara tradition and if so, whether she would choose one that belonged to Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle leave St George’s Chapel through the west door after their wedding in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018 in Windsor, England. (Photo by Ben Birchall – WPA Pool/Getty Images) ___ 1:20 p.m. The leader of the Episcopal Church has quoted civil rights leader Martin Luther… Read full this story
- Interactive rituals, GIF corners and VR: the story of 2019’s small Indian weddings
- Pints ordered by text, football at school but not at clubs, and 30 guests at funerals but only six for weddings: The odd new rules we face in the new lockdown
- Mum's race against time to rearrange dream wedding after dad given months to live
- Every time Meghan Markle has ‘broken’ protocol as she becomes first Royal voter- from closing doors to dark nail polish
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 3 (updated hourly)
- ‘She was gangsta with her clothes’: How Princess Diana became 2020’s biggest style icon
- How old is ITV newsreader Julie Etchingham?
- Is London's Covid outbreak ALREADY slowing down? Figures reveal not a single borough in London has infections above the national average as MPs demand to know why Sadiq has rushed city into crippling Tier Two lockdown
- What Was Adele Doing on
- Perfect princess credentials! New Princess Josephine of Belgium, 17, daughter of King Albert II's love child, shows off her charity work, passion for photography and love for travel in family photos
Royal Wedding: Live Updates have 368 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 19, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.