North Korea casts doubt on Trump summit, cancels talks with Seoul, Mandel Ngan/AFP/KCNA via KNS North Korea on Wednesday (May 16) called into question a much-anticipated and unprecedented summit between its leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump set for next month. Pyongyang also cancelled high-level talks due on Wednesday with Seoul over the Max Thunder joint military exercises being held between the United States and South Korea, denouncing the drills as a “rude and wicked provocation”. “There is a limit to the amount of goodwill and chances we can give,” the North’s official news agency KCNA said. The drills between the two allies’ air forces were a rehearsal for invasion and “a deliberate military provocation” at a time when inter-Korean relations were warming, it added. “The US will have to think twice about the fate of the DPRK-US summit,” KCNA said, referring to the North by its official acronym. Washington said it will continue to plan the meeting in Singapore on Jun 12, with State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert telling reporters it had received “no notification” of a position change by North Korea. The language used by KCNA is a sudden and dramatic return to the rhetoric… Read full this story
- Tillerson sees no 'imminent threat' of North Korea attack; defends Trump's blunt talk
- North Korea says it will only resume talks if U.S.-South Korea military drills end and U.N. lifts sanctions
- After North Korea missile test, Trump tweets: 'So much for China working with us'
- With North Korea crisis mounting, Trump meets with Chinese President Xi
- Nuclear war with North Korea not 'imminent,' Trump administration officials say
- South Koreans flock to North Korea to reunite with war-divided kin
- Obama to North Korea: You will ‘achieve nothing by threats or provocations’
- Analysis: North Korea, U.S. curb military threats but diplomatic progress remains elusive
- For North Korea, sanctions are safer than a strike, experts say
- North Korea’s new missiles are fakes, analysts say
North Korea casts doubt on Trump summit, cancels talks with Seoul have 336 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 15, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.