Netflix has made a deal for Lifetime 's upcoming psychological thriller series You, from Greg Berlanti , Sera Gamble, Berlanti Productions and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Scripted Television and A+E Studios.
Under the pact, Netflix has licensed first-run international SVOD rights to the 10-episode series outside of the U.S. (excluding China), with second-run window in the U.S., Turkey and Turkish-speaking Cyprus. You , starring Penn Badgley and Elizabeth Lail, is set to premiere Sept. 9 on Lifetime, and will air as a Netflix original outside of the U.S.
Written by Berlanti and Gamble based on Caroline Kepnes' best-selling novel of the same name, You is described as a 21st century love story that asks, "What would you do for love?" When a brilliant bookstore manager crosses paths with an aspiring writer, his answer becomes clear: anything. Using the internet and social media as his tools to gather the most intimate of details and get close to her, a charming and awkward crush quickly becomes obsession as he quietly and strategically removes every obstacle – and person – in his way. (you can watch a trailer below)
You is part of Netflix's co-licensing model, in which Netflix is collaborating with big U.S. studios on series that air on other linear or digital networks in the U.S. Netflix takes first-run global distribution in as many territories as available – ideally everywhere outside of U.S./Canada. The streaming giant boarding a project as international distributor for a hefty fee covers a significant part — sometimes even the entire — series budget. WBTV and Berlanti Prods. were among the first to test the model with the CW drama Riverdale, followed by Black Lightning . Other series co-licensed by Netflix as part of the initiative so far include the CW/CBS TV Studios' Dynasty, NBC's Good Girls, CBS All Access/CBS Studios' Star Trek: Discovery as well as Universal Cable Prods.' Shooter, Damnation, The Sinner and Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and The Notorious B.I.G. on USA and Nightflyers on Syfy.
Berlanti and Gamble executive produce You alongside Berlanti Prods.' Sarah Schechte and Alloy's Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.
- Pose star Indya Moore turns heads in racy high-cut dress at Emmy Awards... as show competes for Outstanding Drama Series
- How Netflix Could Pull Off an Animation Upset at the Oscars
- The best comedies on Netflix (January 2020)
- 'Designated Survivor' Moving From ABC to Netflix for Season 3
- International Emmy Awards: Kenneth Branagh, Anna Friel Among Winners – Complete List
- Supergirl: Melissa Benoist on landing the role of a lifetime, and empowering women
- Penn Badgley Refused to Make Joe 'Less Creepy' in Netflix's
- ‘Superman & Lois’ Casts Couple’s Sons As Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin Join the CW Series
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2020: Brits look ready to take The Crown as Helena Bonham Carter, Olivia Colman, Jodie Comer and Phoebe Waller-Bridge receive nods
- Hilary Swank dazzles in Armani as she receives a lifetime achievement award at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland
- Best Netflix shows: 20 TV series you should be watching in February 2020
- Where are the finalists of the Girlfriend Model Search now? A look back at the stars who shot to fame after taking part in the competition - from Ruby Rose to Abbey Lee Kershaw
- What's on Netflix UK in July 2018 - best film and TV shows to watch before end of the month
- The best Amazon Original series available now
- The ‘Pokémon’ movie, ‘To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You’, ‘The Chef Show’ and more: The complete list of Netflix titles coming this February 2020
- Netflix Releases Altered Carbon Season 2 Teaser Trailer
- Is Uncut Gems a true story? Real life events behind the Netflix drama
- Complete list of Netflix titles in February 2020: The ‘Pokémon’ movie, ‘To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You’, ‘The Chef Show’ and more
- Netflix Sets Ensemble for Untitled Thriller Starring Sandra Bullock, Viola Davis (EXCLUSIVE)
- Revealed: Extraordinary true story of Mossad super agent who stole Syria’s most sensitive secrets before being tortured and hanged - inspiring Sacha Baron Cohen's new Netflix blockbuster 'The Spy'
Netflix Takes International Rights To Greg Berlanti’s Lifetime Drama Series ‘You’ have 683 words, post on deadline.com at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.