Want Warriors news in your inbox? Sign up for the free DubsDaily newsletter.
OAKLAND — Draymond Green turned out correct. Charles Barkley will not punch the Warriors’ forward in the face.
Instead, Barkley expressed remorse for saying on TNT’s halftime show of the Warriors’ Game 2 win over New Orleans on Tuesday that he would like to “punch [Draymond] in the face” because of his demonstrative outbursts toward opponents. Barkley also challenged Green’s opponents to do the same thing.
“I apologize to Draymond Green and his mom,” Barkley said on TNT on Wednesday evening. “What I said was inappropriate. I would never punch an NBA player. I meant what I said, but I would never punch an NBA player. Draymond Green is a good player. I think he’s a nice kid. I wish him nothing but the best. But what I said was inappropriate.”
Chuck’s apology to Draymond. ⤵️
— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) May 3, 2018
Green also considered the comments inappropriate. Following Tuesday’s game, Green challenged Barkley to “punch me in my face when you see me.” Green added, “If you’re not going to punch me in my face when you see me, then shut up.” Green likened Barkley’s commentary to fans that make aimless threats on Twitter.
“Draymond is a hell of a player,” Barkley said on TNT on Wednesday. “He’s an irritant. He annoys me at times. He’s a hell of a player. But what I said was wrong and I apologize.”
- Teed Off (Aug 30, 2015)
- Adam Scott wins the Masters
- Snedeker seizes BMW Championship lead
- Vietnam drink maker hit by boycott, quality inspection after winning fly-in-bottle lawsuit
- Q's return
- Academy Award plan an academic exercise
- Panic in the kitchen, bliss on the palate
- Teed Off (Apr.21 2013)
- Teed Off (Aug 16, 2015)
- Vietnam PM's monthly salary around $800: gov't spokesman
- 'Hot' Russian spy leaves enigmatic Facebook trail
- Teed Off (Jul.07 2013)
- SpaceX blasts off to space station in historic first
- Toyota to announce action soon for Prius hybrids
- UK aid minister Patel resigns over Israel meetings
- Uber threatens to leave Quebec over new ride-sharing rules
- U.S. Judge extends VW diesel emissions settlement deadline
- Obama tells Trump to stop whining about 'rigged' vote
- Mondulkiri: The Da Lat of old in the land of Cambodia
NBA playoffs: Charles Barkley apologizes for Draymond Green comments have 401 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at May 3, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.