A motorised shed has broken a land speed record after its owner hit 100mph driving along a Welsh beach. Kevin Nicks, the owner of the “fastest shed”, said he was delighted to break his previous record of 80mph (129km/h) while participating in a land speed event at Pendine Sands in Carmarthenshire on Saturday. “It couldn’t have gone better, I’m so happy,” he told the BBC. Over the years, the 53-year-old gardener has spent more than £13,000 creating his motorised shed, which he claims is the world’s only road legal motorised shed. Read more I crashed my car at 296mph while trying to break the land speed record Though he initially created the shed in 2015 from his broken down Volkswagen Passat with the goal of simply driving around the local area, he soon became interested in pushing it to its limits. Mr Nicks has made previous attempts to break the 100mph barrier, and a recent upgrade has finally allowed him to do it. “I entered a few speed events and basically floored it. I hit 80mph to break the record, including the Guinness record. But it blew up so it needed some work,” he said. He credits the addition of… Read full this story
- Hyundai cracks off two new land speed records in fuel cell, hybrid cars
- Gerringong Speedway once boasted Australia's fastest cars but now is a quiet beach park
- Top 50 MLB free agents, ranked: Anthony Rendon, Gerrit Cole among top names to hit the market
- Brace yourself for more record heat
- Tunisia beach attack: the victims
- Hague's 'foreign land' speech
- The Hill's Morning Report - Dems to hit gas on impeachment
- As HuffPost and BuzzFeed shed staff, has the digital content bubble burst?
- Will walk my dog on beach to get rid of World Cup final trauma, says Trent Boult on returning home
- Jessi Combs: Cause of Accident That Killed 'Mythbusters' Star Revealed
Motorised shed breaks land speed record as it hits 100mph on Welsh beach have 309 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 11, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.