John Wick: Chapter 3 is now in production and looks set to shoot its way into theaters in the increasingly crowded 2019 corridor. Lionsgate has dated the third (and most likely final) outing in the Keanu Reeves-led action series for May 19th, 2019, and with things now heating up, the set photos – and videos! – have been arriving at an alarming rate.
Aiming to bring us a “neat completion” to the saga, after Keanu Reeves’ hitman was last seen stumbling out of New York City with numerous assassins on his tail, it shouldn’t be too much longer before the studio starts dropping some official promotional material. At the very least, we imagine we’ll get a few stills by the end of the summer. But until then, snaps from the set are all we have to go on – which is fine, for now.
The latest batch has arrived online today by way of Hollywood Pipeline and though there’s only 3 of them here, we do get to see Mr. Wick’s dog as well as Halle Berry, who joined the cast just the other week. Details on who she’s playing haven’t been revealed yet, but we do know that it won’t be the villain. Cue the speculation!
MORE FROM THE WEB
Beyond that, we’ve also been provided with the following synopsis, which gives us some hints as to where we’re going:
John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run for two reasons… he’s being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract.
John should have already been executed, except the Continental’s manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he’s “Excommunicado” – membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City.
If the original drew praise for its refined, minimalist nature – sticking the perfect balance between style and substance – then its sequel, Chapter 2 felt a bit bloated by comparison, losing that neo-noir feel by expanding its plot across the globe. Here’s hoping that the third installment can recapture what made the original sleeper hit so special to begin with, then.
Perhaps Keanu Reeves’ legendary assassin will even get the chance to retire? More on John Wick: Chapter 3 when we get it.
Source: Hollywood Pipeline
- Fortnite Season 3: check out John Wick and other new outfits, pickaxes, gliders, back bling and Battle Pass cost
- Red Dead Redemption 2: John Marston’s return, old west setting, possible battle royale mode – FAQ
- John Wick: Chapter 3 Synopsis Teases Bloody Escape From New York City
- Wot I Think: John Wick Hex
- John Wick Goes Tactical On Epic Store With John Wick Hex
- John Wick Hex shows that great film adaptation requires focus
- John Wick’s Bounty LTM is live in Fortnite
- John Wick Hex Launches For PC On October 8th, Consoles To Follow
- John Wick Hex reviews round-up, all the scores
- Just Cause movie adaptation in works from John Wick writer