NBC has given a second-season pickup to Good Girls , its new midseason drama from The Family creator Jenna Bans. The series, starring Christina Hendricks, Retta and Mae Whitman, marks the second drama renewed by NBC for next season, joining This Is Us, and the first NBC freshman series to get a Season 2 (unless the Will & Grace revival is counted as a new series).
Boosted by The Voice lead-in, Good Girls has averaged a 1.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.1 million viewers overall in L+7 Nielsen ratings. It ranked No. 1 or tied for No. 1 in the time slot versus the ABC and CBS drama competition in 18-49 for each of its past five telecasts when it did not have to face ABC's The Good Doctor in the Monday 10 PM hour following the medical drama's season finale. (In its debut, Good Girls topped The Good Doctor head-to-head in Live+same day.)
While Good Girls ' demo delivery actually was a tad below that of its predecessor in the hour — new NBC fall drama The Brave, which did not get a back order — Good Girls has been largely well reviewed and has a lucrative deal with Netflix, which benefits the series' producer, NBC sibling Universal TV. The female drama with comedic overtones became the first series on a Big 4 broadcast networks to land a pact under Netflix's co-licensing model where the streaming giant pays a significant fee for distributing a show outside of North America.
Good Girls follows three suburban moms (Hendricks, Retta, Whitman) who get tired of trying to make ends meet and decide it's time to stick up for themselves by robbing the local grocery store. But when the manager catches a glimpse of one of them and the loot is far more than they expected, it doesn't take long for the three best friends to realize the perfect getaway will be harder than they think.
Reno Wilson, Manny Montana, Lidya Jewett, Izzy Stannard and Matthew Lillard co-star in the series, executive produced by creator Bans, director Dean Parisot and Jeannine Renshaw.
- TV's 2006 Fall Season Failures - Why Did They Fail?
- Married With Children (Season 2) DVD Review
- ER (Season 4) DVD Review
- The Top 5 Ways for Finding Love This Holiday Season
- Renew Your Vows in Vegas: Tips on Where and Why to Say "I Still Do" in Sin City
- Flower Girl Dresses - Choosing And Accessorising A Flowergirl Gown
- Marriage Renewal: Rekindle The Flame And Love With A Romantic Resort Honeymoon
- Dawson's Creek (Season 6) DVD Review
- Renewing Your Mind
- Renewable Energy Options For The Home - Part 1 - Biomass-Wood Pellet - Hydropower- Wind Power
- How To Impress Girls - Or Maybe Not
- Choosing The Correct Flower Girl Dress
- The Yule Season
- Girl Scout Cookies: There's No Escape!
- Seasonal Blues
- Pre-Season Weight, Body and Strength Changes
- Felicity (Season 3) DVD Review
- Hair Bows for Baby Girls!
- Knight Rider (Season 2) DVD Review
- Good Times (DVD) Review
‘Good Girls’ Renewed For Season 2 By NBC have 475 words, post on deadline.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.