Elon Musk, the billionaire CEO behind Tesla and SpaceX and extremely nerdy Bond fan, shocked the world when he showed up to the Met Gala with musician Grimes after Page Six reported the two were dating. But there was something even more shocking—his outfit. Elon Musk has proven himself to be a big fan of the James Bond movie franchise time and time again. He bought the Lotus Esprit submarine used in the 1977 Bond movie The Spy Who Loved Me, and even claimed that he would make a functional version of the submarine Esprit for himself. In a tour of the Tesla Gigafactory back in July of 2016, Jalopnik discovered an area of the factory marked off and labeled “Top Secret: Project Goldfinger,” a clear reference to the 1964 blockbuster of the same name. For awhile, Musk’s Twitter image was of him dressed in a tuxedo holding a white cat, a clear reference to James Bond villain and head of the evil S.P.E.C.T.R.E. organization, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, who is often depicted with a white cat. He has also jokingly tweeted in the past about building a volcano lair, a reference to Blofeld’s secret Japanese base of operations in 1967’s… Read full this story
- Tesla erupts in chaos after senior execs leave, Musk tokes up
- Elon Musk Had a Deal From the S.E.C. It Unraveled in a Morning.
- Best Spy Movies, From Bourne and Bond to 'Mission Impossible' and Beyond
- Who Will Direct the Next James Bond Movie? The Speculation Continues
- James Murdoch could take chairman role at Tesla
- James Bond won't be played by a female in Hollywood anytime soon, claims 007 historian
- TBT #46: Bond, classic Ellis and more in new and coming comics
- How Starz's 'Outlander' Enchants Millions of Women, Boosts Scottish Tourism and Potentially Launched the Next James Bond
- Seeing Stars: Midterm Ballots Include James Bond, JFK, Elvis, Others
- Markets Just Dived. Democrats Shouldn’t Get Too Excited.
Elon Musk Dressed As Both James Bond And A James Bond Villain To The Met Gala have 320 words, post on jalopnik.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.