The characteristics of the suspected serial rapist and killer known as the “Golden State Killer” — arrested this week decades after the California crime spree — are the perfect fit with the profile of a serial killer, says former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett. Interested in ‘Golden State Killer’ Case? Add ‘Golden State Killer’ Case as an interest to stay up to date on the latest ‘Golden State Killer’ Case news, video, and analysis from ABC News. ‘Golden State Killer’ Case Add Interest An increase in violence Joseph James DeAngelo, a 72-year-old former police officer, was taken into custody this week on suspicion of being the serial killer. He is accused of committing 12 murders, at least 50 rapes and multiple home burglaries in the 1970s and 1980s. DeAngelo is set to appear in court later today. The “Golden State Killer” — whose crimes spanned from 1976 to 1986 — started his crime spree with home burglaries and sexual assaults, and later escalated the violence to murders and double murders. Serial killers “predictably get more violent,” Garrett told ABC News. “All of those increases the thrill and increases the risk.” The “Golden State Killer” also broke into… Read full this story
- Is this the woman who broke the Golden State Killer's heart and 'sparked' his murderous rampage? Young lab assistant called Bonnie who was engaged to serial killer and whose name he shouted during rapes
- The DNA testing used to catch the Golden State Killer could ALSO be used to identify the Zodiac Killer
- EXCLUSIVE: Accused Golden State Killer Joe DeAngelo was a strip club regular, known as a cheap creepy old racist who went on a hate-filled rant when a stripper asked him to prove he was white
- Investigators could be just WEEKS away from cracking Zodiac Killer case with results from the same DNA tests used to identify the Golden State Killer expected soon
- 'Golden State Killer' faces ex-fiancee 'Bonnie' in court ahead of sentencing
- 'I hope you are having lots of fun trying to catch me': Chilling 1969 cipher written by Zodiac Killer who claimed he murdered 37 people is FINALLY solved 51 years later
- UK police could now start using genealogy DNA databases to catch criminals despite ethical concerns after US police used one to snare the 'Golden State Killer', says top forensics expert
- Cops believe Gilgo Beach serial killer cherry-picked victims for their petite 4'11'' frames and hazel green eyes as they continue murder hunt ten years after first of at least ten victims was found
- 'She died terrified and alone in a room with you': Grace Millane's mother confronts her daughter's killer in court as he is jailed for life in New Zealand for strangling British backpacker after Tinder date
- The Zodiac Killer sent a cipher 51 years ago. A team of amateur codebreakers just cracked it.
Why former FBI agent thinks 'Golden State Killer' suspect fits the serial killer profile have 456 words, post on abcnews.go.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.