On a warm January evening in Tempe, Arizona, Jon Willis was walking down a palm tree-lined path on the campus of Arizona State University when he saw something that made him irate: a student wearing a T-shirt silkscreened with the image of Che Guevara. “I thought, kid, you don’t even know who Che Guevara is,” says Willis, a commercial real estate broker in Mesa, Arizona. A Che shirt on a college campus might not stick out for most people, but for Willis, 36, it touched a nerve. It was just the latest confirmation of his worry that more young people today are embracing socialism, even Marxism, instead of American capitalism. “Some of these kids have no real desire to build something on their own,” says Willis, who works for a firm founded by his father. “As long as these kids get something for free and they get taken care of, they’re happy. What they don’t know is that the world that works that way — the socialist world — leads to extreme poverty and eventually death.” The way Willis figures it, the blame for this perplexing boom in American socialism lies with left-leaning professors, who push uninformed, anti-capitalist messages on… Read full this story
- The Racism that Lurks Behind Trump's Ignorant Shithole Remark
- Man of God or attention-grabbing hustler: Who is Louisiana pastor Tony Spell?
- Column: In the coronavirus crisis, California isn’t under one-party rule, it’s under one-man rule
- Back to business, but not business as usual as nations open
- ‘Turn back this wave of hate’: 100 writers call for an end to anti-Asian hostility
- Coronavirus California: State where virus is beating lockdowns
- Modi Govt 2.0 | A tumultuous year for India
- HHS watchdog says actions should be free from political interference
- ‘How Old Is Biden? Well, He’ll Have a Lot of Good Advisers.’
- Xinhua Headlines: What muted U.S. scientists on Washington's controversial handling of COVID-19 pandemic?
Trump’s man on campus have 313 words, post on www.politico.eu at April 6, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.