(CNN)Harvey Weinstein, the man once synonymous with Hollywood whose alleged behavior started one of the most important conversations in the industry’s history, began his epic fall from power one year ago. It all started with a few brave women coming forward about mistreatment at the hands of the Oscar-winning producer. As it stands, the allegations against Weinstein range from harassment to rape, include the stories of more than 80 women and span several decades. (Through a spokesperson, Weinstein has repeatedly denied “any allegations of non-consensual sex.”) He has pleaded not guilty to six sex crime charges in New York, including two counts of rape. Weinstein remains under investigation by authorities in Los Angeles and London. Read More The stories about Weinstein’s alleged mistreatment snowballed into a movement against abuse that reverberated across industries. To date, thousands of people have raised their voices to say, “me too.” Dozens of once powerful men — from celebrities to political figures — have been held accountable for mistreatment. Many continue to vehemently fight charges of misconduct. One year later, the movement to end mistreatment is larger, stronger and more vocal than ever, with the hope being that at least one industry will never be… Read full this story
- Old 'Rolling Stone' interview reveals Uma Thurman's thoughts on treatment of women in Hollywood
- Jennifer Lawrence to Oprah: Harvey Weinstein could be 'a brute'
- ‘She Knew’ posters accuse Meryl Streep of keeping quiet about Weinstein’s abuse
- Amazon just lost two more executives in the wake of Roy Price's sexual harassment scandal
- Actor Corey Feldman says he will release names of Hollywood types who have “engaged in predatory pedophila”
- Harvey Weinstein reportedly hired private investigators to discredit accusers
- Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault trial postponed to September
- Harvey Weinstein's Attorneys Seek Dismissal of Sex Assault Case Again, Calling Indictment 'Deeply Flawed'
- Judge Signs Off on Harvey Weinstein's Legal Team Overhaul
- Peter Jackson alleges Harvey Weinstein sabotaged careers of women who refused him
The year since the Weinstein scandal first rocked Hollywood have 318 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.