A 6-year-old boy stood crying in front of a gas station convenience store trying to find help for a man he thought was “choking,” Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office deputies say.
That man, Jose Bermudez, was overdosing on heroin, deputies wrote in an arrest report.
Bermudez smoked heroin earlier in the day and then picked the boy up from school on April 23, Bermudez said in the report. He drove with the boy in the car to the Speedway Gas Station at 5019 Okeechobee Blvd in suburban West Palm Beach.
The next thing he says he remembers was waking up in the hospital.
A friend happened to call Bermudez at the time of the alleged overdose and the 6-year-old answered. When the friend heard choking noises in the background, the friend told the boy to go find help, the report states.
A man came up to the boy in front of the store and asked what was wrong. He said Bermudez was choking and needed help.
Deputies arrived on scene and Palm Beach County Fire Rescue took Bermudez to the hospital for treatment. Once he was discharged, deputies placed him under arrest.
Bermudez is facing a child neglect charge for failing to provide the boy with proper care as a person responsible for the child’s welfare, court records show.
Bermudez was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and released on $5,000 bond.
- Florida-Tennessee to have old-school feel on Saturday
- Florida State offers 300-pound, 14-year old defensive tackle
- From 13-year-old sensation to top pick, Wiggins seasoned in spotlight
- CFB AM: 7-year-old Rebs fan sends adorable letter to injured Treadwell
- Meet Olathe’s Braden Smith — the kind of prep lineman who turns grown men into ’13-year-old girls’
- Pat Williams, Magic hoping for some old-school luck in draft lottery
- Rockets respond to McHale’s old-school coaching approach
- Jefferson’s old-school style fueling Bobcats’ run
- Suns’ Booker sure doesn’t talk like an 18-year-old
- Coaches, mother leave lasting impact on Bucs top pick Mike Evans
- Bucs DE William Gholston returns favor five years later — with interest
- Florida’s Toliver highlights next year’s recruits
- Kudos to Google Earth! Program locates remains of Florida man in a lake who went missing 22 yrs ago
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- Man who brought mascot Jaxson de Ville to life is stepping away
- Seminoles’ Jameis Winston earns AP Player of the Year honors
- Marlins sign 2014 top pick Tyler Kolek
- Setting goals: Recapping the year, picking 2015 resolutions for Florida teams
- Florida Panthers’ Top 10 moments of 2014-15 season
- Tim Skipper bringing handy-man attitude to role on Gators staff
Man found overdosing at Florida gas station after picking 6-year-old up from school, deputies say have 416 words, post on www.abcactionnews.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.