18 minutes ago John Oliver has made a name for himself by putting together quirky segments for HBO’s Last Week Tonight. The late night host had another memorable bit this weekend, when he revealed he purchased plenty of Russell Crowe memorabilia from Cinderella Man and some of his other movie projects and wants to use the memorabilia to be a “fun, movie-themed way to draw people in” to one of the last remaining Blockbuster Video stores in Alaska. Yes, you read that correctly. And you know what? The Blockbuster store is all for it. During the segment, John Oliver revealed that he had purchased $80,000 items from “Russell Crowe: The Art of Divorce,” including a leather jockstrap that Russell Crowe wore during the making of Cinderella Man and items from Robin Hood and Les Miserables. In fact, Last Week Tonight actually paid $7,000 for the item in question all so they could make a joke on the late night TV show about movie memorabilia and Blockbuster. The rest of the segment was devoted to joking about how the show “didn’t buy anything else” from the auction. (It did.) He ended the spot directly addressing the manager at the Blockbuster at… Read full this story
- From Me to You…for $36million! Seven bedroom house that John Lennon owned but never visited on Palm Beach's 'Billionaires Row' boasting two swimming pools and a cabana sells for $11million below the asking price
- A tale of two rock critics
- Emmy Awards 2020 winners: Zendaya, 24, makes history as YOUNGEST EVER to win Lead Actress while Succession earns top drama honor and Schitt's Creek SWEEPS comedy categories during social distanced gala
- A Life On Our Planet is Sir David Attenborough’s ‘witness statement’ — telling the world just how we’re destroying it
- No, President Donald Trump has not been good for comedy: An investigation
- Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel says he is preparing for the show to be a 'disaster': 'I enjoy putting myself in difficult situations'
- The 90 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- Tenet's domestic haul rises to a paltry $36M with The New Mutants a distant second... as the box office continues to disappoint amid the pandemic
- The hygge conspiracy
- Trump's family joins him on stage for freezing Wisconsin rally as he warns crowd the left will 'loot and rob when he beats the weak, fragile Biden'
John Oliver Bought Weird Russell Crowe Memorabilia, Has A Plan For It have 382 words, post on www.cinemablend.com at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.