Thrust into leadership role in a grim situation, young Shreyas Iyer responded with a whirlwind 93-run knock as Delhi Daredevils, seeking revival in IPL, hammered Kolkata Knight Riders by 55 runs at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in New Delhi.
Sent into bat, the Daredevils batsmen fired in unison to put on board a massive 219 for four with the two young batsmen from Mumbai Iyer (93 off 40) and Prithvi Shaw (62) enthralling the fans with their elegant knocks.
Munro, playing only his third game of the season, ensured that Daredevils had a fiery start. He along with young Shaw negotiated dominating KKR spinners Peeyush Chawla and Kuldeep Yadav with aplomb, raising fifty in just 4.4 overs but was bowled by pacer Shivam Mavi later on.
Paceman Trent Boult struck twice to send back Robin Uthappa (1) and Sunil Narine (26) after Maxwell saw the back of Chris Lynn (5). Captain Dinesh Karthik had an enormous task at hand as his side was reeling at 51 for four after six overs but all he managed was 18 off as many balls.
Having conceded a total, never put against them in the history of IPL, KKR needed a fiery start but their chase was deflated when they lost four wickets in Powerplay overs. Andre Russell came on in the sixth wicket and was the highest scorer for KKR with his 44 runs. However, it was a little too late as the Daredevils were cruising through an easy win.
Needing seven wins from eight matches to stay in Play-offs contention, the hosts restricted Knight Riders to 164 for nine, taking revenge for their 71-run loss at Eden Gardens.
- IPL 2019 KKR Players List: Complete squad of Kolkata Knight Riders
- The Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders IPL 2018 match was live-streamed by 5.5 million people
- The IPL 2018 final saw a record breaking 10 million concurrent viewers on Hotstar
- IPL is the best thing for me, says Eoin Morgan
- India propose D/N Test at Kolkata, await Bangladesh response
- Case Against TV Actor For Allegedly Blocking Man From Watching IPL Match
- IPL: Shakib Al Hasan defends Piyush Chawla for not taking KKR past MI
- 2018 IPL Auction: Complete IPL squad of Mumbai Indians
- Patna Pirates owner Rajesh Shah's pro tips to team bosses: Be less excited, stay away from matches
- Midnight Riders
- Delhi pollution cause of concern ahead of India-Bangladesh 1st T20I
- Eichel has 2 goals, 2 assists as Sabres beat Sharks in OT
- Former Vonn coach helps Robinson, 17, beat Shiffrin in GS
- Vijay Hazare Highlights: Delhi lose despite Rana's allround efforts
- World Cup 2018 memes: England wins, fans say 'it's coming home'
- Bill Gates beats Jeff Bezos, reclaims the world's richest man title
- Roku beats Apple TV -- again -- on usage, purchases
- Bharti Airtel beats Reliance Jio in 4G speeds: OpenSignal
- Rose Valley scam: ED quizzes KKR CEO, IRS officer
- Rose Valley ponzi scam: ED grills, records statement of KKR CEO
IPL 2018, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils beat Kolkata Knight Riders have 454 words, post on www.indiatvnews.com at April 28, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.