Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Subscribe Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader Europe Vladislav Kovalev and his girlfriend Nastya Klyueva, on a rooftop in Moscow in 2016. (Courtesy of Vladislav Kovalev) by Amie Ferris-Rotman by Amie Ferris-Rotman Email the author April 22 at 5:45 PM Email the author MOSCOW — Russians wanting a glimpse of the American Dream now have to wait. Or not go at all. Escalating tensions between Moscow and Washington are putting a damper on Russians’ vacation plans, catching ordinary people in a diplomatic crossfire that has distinct Cold War overtones. A year ago, obtaining a U.S. tourist visa could take less than a week. Now, it comes with an eight-month delay. “I am waiting for a miracle to happen. Maybe tomorrow Russia and the United States will decide they are friends, all staff will come back to the embassy, and I’ll get my visa,” said Mohamed Torky, executive chef at a Holiday Inn in northern Moscow. Torky had planned a July vacation to the United States, to see… Read full this story
- Graham: Trump visa order will have a 'chilling effect on our economic recovery'
- Visa lottery winners feel cheated by Trump's visa ban
- Trump signs executive order suspending certain work visas through 2020
- Business groups hint at lawsuits over Trump order limiting visas
- Will Trump's H-1B visa freeze really help American job seekers?
- Families separated by new Trump visa order frantic for answers
- US puts visa restrictions on Chinese officials over tensions with Hong Kong
- Visa lottery winners feel cheated by Trump’s visa ban
- Hero interpreter for US military in Afghanistan becomes American citizen
- Support for Putin wanes in his former Russian stronghold
Frustrated at visa holdup, Russians give up on American vacations have 295 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 22, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.