Ronald Kessler, author of The Trump White House: Changing the Rules of the Game, said President Donald Trump was emotionally affected by NFL players disrespecting the national anthem via kneeling protests during its pre-game recitals. He offered his remarks during a Monday interview with SiriusXM host Rebecca Mansour on Breitbart News Tonight. Kessler characterized Trump’s criticisms of Colin Kaepernick—an NFL player who knelt during pre-game recitals of the national anthem as a protest against what he said is a “country that oppresses black people and people of color”—as “innate” and “emotional.”Kessler remarked, “That was such an emotional thing for [Donald Trump] to see someone openly disrespect the national anthem, and so many Americans agree with that. That is why he got elected, because he understands that. He understands those values. Following Kaepernick’s kneeling protests, which were subsequently joined by other NFL players, the NFL saw a reduction in its ratings along with boycotts of viewership and attendance.Kaepernick’s blamed his subsequent inability to secure a contract with an NFL team as a function of political blacklisting. Led by attorney Mark Geragos, Kaepernick’s legal team claimed the existence of a “conspiracy” against him, informally driven by Trump: “The owners of Respondent NFL… Read full this story
- Diddy tells NFL players to 'stand up for each other' after Trump tirade
- Donald Trump Is Loving NASCAR's Stance on Protesting the National Anthem
- Donald Trump's Pardons Will Not End 'Systematic Injustice,' Say NFL Player Protesters
- ARL Commission takes the national anthem out of this year's All Stars game over Indigenous players concerns
- Music icon Chaka Khan roasted after singing American national anthem at the NBA All-Star game
- Aretha Franklin does an extra-long version of the national anthem for Thanksgiving
- Twitter Has a Lot of Feelings About Fergie's National Anthem Performance at the NBA All-Star Game
- Jimmy Buffett Wasn't the First: The Most Controversial National Anthem Performances
- Josh Duhamel Defends 'Resilient' Ex Fergie's National Anthem: 'It's Hard to See Someone You Care About Get Beat Up'
- Jay-Z explains why he and Beyonce were seated during the national anthem at Super Bowl LIV
Exclusive – Ron Kessler: ‘Emotional Thing’ for Trump to See NFL Players ‘Openly Disrespect the National Anthem’ have 358 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.