President Donald Trump has turned down an invitation to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner for the second consecutive year. “The White House has informed us that the president does not plan to participate in this year’s dinner but that he will actively encourage members of the executive branch to attend and join us as we celebrate the First Amendment,” White House Correspondents’ President Margaret Talev said in a statement to members.Talev said that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders would represent the Trump administration at the dinner. The news broke on Friday morning as rumors flew that the president would attend the dinner, which takes place on April 28.Organizers for the dinner already picked comedian Michelle Wolf to entertain the guests, a contributor to the Daily Show with Trevor Noah. In 2017, Trump turned down an invitation to the dinner and hosted a political rally in Pennsylvania instead.
- Inside Donald Trump's White House meltdown: President labels Nancy Pelosi 'third rate', mocks Obama's infamous Syrian 'red line', calls Jim Mattis the 'world's most overrated general' and dismisses 100 escaped ISIS prisoners as the 'least dangerous'
- Cup champ Blues visit Trump at White House
- Parents of UK crash victim meet Trump at White House
- Parents of UK Teen Killed by U.S. ‘Diplomat’ Meet President Trump at White House
- 'We have to pray for his health.' Nancy Pelosi walks out of White House meeting with Donald Trump on Syria saying he was 'not relating to the reality' of both parties' rebuke for troop pull-out as Democrats say he called ISIS 'Communists' and Speaker 'thir
- Donald Trump's tough guy letter to Erdogan is mocked for being so 'embarrassingly' simplistic people didn't think it was real
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Donald Trump Urges Prayers for ‘Very Sad’ Nancy Pelosi After White House Meeting
- Democrats Abandon White House Meeting on Syria Citing Donald Trump ‘Meltdown’
- Elijah Cummings Comes With Receipts, Claims the White House Is Involved in 'Unprecedented Level of Stonewalling'
Donald Trump Ditches White House Correspondents’ Dinner Again have 361 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 6, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.