Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader Politics Analysis Analysis Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events by Philip Bump by Philip Bump Email the author April 26 at 9:53 AM Email the author President Trump on Jan. 28, 2017. (Alex Brandon/AP) There are recordings, released well after he left the presidency, of Lyndon Johnson expressing his political thoughts in the Oval Office in often voluble and profane terms. It’s a glimpse of the real emotion of being president, the sort of thing that chief executives usually try to shield from the public. Not so President Trump. On Thursday morning, he called into Fox News’s “Fox and Friends” for a lengthy, and at times furious, interview covering a range of subjects. Nothing caused more obvious frustration to Trump, though, than questions about the investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and Russian actors during the 2016 election. “They have this witch hunt going… Read full this story
- Pelosi suggests Trump could be ‘FUMIGATED’ out of White House in bizarre threat if he refuses to accept losing election
- 'Is Trump hinting at quid pro quo for silence?': Shock and conspiracy sweep Twitter after Trump's message of support for jailed Ghislaine Maxwell as she awaits trial for grooming and abusing teenage girls
- Donald Trump says 'what big tech is doing is very bad' as Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai are questioned by Congress on their 'monopolies'
- Hillary Clinton says it's clear Roger Stone threatened Donald Trump and the president commuted his sentence to 'shut him up' as she calls the move a 'continuation of the cover-up' into Russia meddling in the election
- Ex-MI6 spy Christopher Steele tells High Court defamation trial he never 'foresaw' his 'dirty dossier' private intelligence report linking Trump and Russia to end up in the media
- Mitch McConnell slaps down Donald Trump's demand to move the election over claims of 'mail-in fraud' as Republican leaders line up against call
- Trump predicts the US will have a COVID-19 vaccine 'by the end of the year' and says Dems are motivated by politics and 'don't want to see a good result' - as he admits up to 100,000 could die of virus
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump calls off Jacksonville portion of Republican convention
- Donald Trump admits all schools CANNOT reopen and only will when districts decide it's safe - but says federal cash should go direct to PARENTS to let them homeschool or go private
- Donald Trump slams 'incompetent' Joe Biden and says polls showing him losing are 'fake'
As Trump tells Fox News the Mueller probe is ‘horrible,’ a Fox poll shows most Americans disagree have 460 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.